newbie questions

This is a discussion on newbie questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greeting fellow suby fans, Today i took delivery of a 07 WRX wagon, manual, pearl white. car is 100%stock w/ ...

newbie questions

Greeting fellow suby fans,

Today i took delivery of a 07 WRX wagon, manual, pearl white. car is 100%stock w/ 10k on the od.

This is my second WRX, (first one left with my x-wife)

I have a couple basic questions:

Can i run 89 octane or must i use the spendy stuff? Will a cold air intake really add much to torque and hp, or just sound cool?

I have big plans for this car, nothing huge and expensive: cold air induction, exhaust & springs for now. Anything i should be aware of?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

No you can't use 89 octane. Yes you must get the expensive stuff.

No CAI (cold air intake) will not net you very much hp and the money would probably be better spent elsewhere.

Please take some time to explore the link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

funny thing is i justified spending the $$ by telling myself this 2.5 will get better mileage then my v6 nissan frontier did, i traded in. Now i have to spend almost 4 bucks a gallon on 92 ( at least in the nw corner of washignton ) no worries, i want to treat this thing right, 92 it is.

i will spend some time snooping around this place, hopefully awnser some of my own questions.. Thanks

Welcome! I fell your pain as far as premium fuel is concerned. I'm near Vail, CO and premium is $3.49/gal. It hurts. But I switched from a 4wd Ranger that got 16 miles to the gallon. I'm getting 25-29 mpg with primarily highway driving. That makes life a little better. Plus, they're so much more fun to drive than the Ranger!!

Take care!!!
    Proud owner of an '04 Scoobie 'Rex San Remo Red
    '62 International Harvester Scout 80
    '96 Pierce Saber Rescue-Pumper
    '99 Pierce Dash 100' Platform ladder
    ***Blobeye Syndicate #951***

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, greetings and welcome!

Premium? You have to pay to play. A mere 20 cents more (around here anyway) for premium is a smalll price to enjoy all the WRX has to offer.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics