hey everyone
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hey everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone, my names anthony... just signed up and decided to pass by and see wat was going on.... most ...

hey everyone

hey everyone, my names anthony... just signed up and decided to pass by and see wat was going on.... most of my info is in my signature, but i figured id tell you a bit more about me and my cars... I'm a drag racer, i can be found at most of the local Raceway Park events. I have a 1988 Monte Carlo SS that i drag race normally. I havent raced the subie yet. Though i did want to, the stock clutch doesnt quite handle the launches all that well, so after this winter when i put the clutch in i will run it. I had a 2006 Civic Si, which was definately a nice car for the money, but just not my taste. All of my friends drive either WRXs or EVOs and i wanted to join the club, but i couldn't afford an STi or an EVO, and the performance of a stock WRX, although still impressive, would not be enough for my taste and the temptation to modify it would be too great. So i decided not to get one. But then one day i saw someone had traded in a WRX to my dealership, i work at Metro Honda in Jersey City. I tried to ignore it, but then after a friend of mine that i work with took a look at it and told me all the stuff it had done to it, i was only a test drive away from trading in the civic and taking the subie home... It had everying that i have posted done to it already... All i did to it was a boost leak check with a smoke machine which verified 3 MAJOR leaks which i fixed, an AEM wideband with guage and a minor tune... I really like this car even more than i thought i would, the best way to describe it is STUPID FUN... It has more than enough power to be a daily driver... I estimate a low 13 second Q/M... quite possibly a high 12 second pass in optimum conditions... What do you guys think? Thanks for reading....
    -Anthony
    2005 WRX_World Rally Blue_5 Speed_VF34_Utec_550 cc Injectors_TurboXS Front Mount_TurboXS Boost Controller_Turbo XS Recirc-Valve_Up-Pipe_Down-Pipe_Full Borla 3"_Tein S-Techs_Big Daddy Sway Bars F/R_18" Wheels Graphite w/ Polished Lip_ Tuned by Turbo Trix
    1988 Monte Carlo SS_Black_406ci sbc_AFR 210cc Eliminator Heads (Fully CNC'd)_CK Performance Stage II 2004R Trans_Ford 9" rear w/ 4.11:1 gears_600 hp on 93 octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone?? hello??
    2005 WRX_World Rally Blue_5 Speed_VF34_Utec_550 cc Injectors_TurboXS Front Mount_TurboXS Boost Controller_Turbo XS Recirc-Valve_Up-Pipe_Down-Pipe_Full Borla 3"_Tein S-Techs_Big Daddy Sway Bars F/R_18" Wheels Graphite w/ Polished Lip_ Tuned by Turbo Trix
    1988 Monte Carlo SS_Black_406ci sbc_AFR 210cc Eliminator Heads (Fully CNC'd)_CK Performance Stage II 2004R Trans_Ford 9" rear w/ 4.11:1 gears_600 hp on 93 octane

gil
    Hey , welcome to the club. I wish my rex came with all those toys on it. I'm possibly thinking of going to raceway park on the 27th I'm just worried about launching and breaking my tranny. Also I dont have a helmet.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by monteguy View Post
    anyone?? hello??
    hello? you called?

just messin, bro. congrats on the subaru, sounds like a fun car.
    "I do well to be angry, even unto death."
    I ♥ rice

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    car sounds awesome.. though, you have to provide pics. Forum rules!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

thanx everyone... im a little computer illiterate, but im gonna have my friend take some pics this weekend and put them up... i gotta wash it though....

Banned
    Welcome. With those mods I would be easy on your tranny. But sounds like you got a killer car there.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Welcome. With those mods I would be easy on your tranny. But sounds like you got a killer car there.
    tell me about it... i think about that all the time... thats why when i do a clutch swap, i think im gonna go with the exidy stage I over the ACT... i know the exidy is only slightly better than a stock clutch, but id rather put the stress on the clutch rather than the drivetrain....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.