Well There, I did it.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Well There, I did it. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I bought myself an '07 WRX Sedan with 16,500 Miles on it. It is bone stock in great shape ...

Well There, I did it.

Well, I bought myself an '07 WRX Sedan with 16,500 Miles on it. It is bone stock in great shape and I am really excited. I have wanted a WRX since '02, but bought a cheap civic in 04 (well I did OK on that - bought for $12k new, traded in after 40 mos and 41000 miles for $9300)

Within about 20 minutes of getting home I had all the badges off... much better.

This is my first AWD car, and my first Turbo. I have a few questions overall:

Noises - There is definately a fair amount of engine noise from the engine compartment, and when throttle is open (not WOT necessarily), it almost sounds like a slight exhaust noise/leak - is this normal, or something I should get checked out?

Stereo - It seems like the reception kinda sucks - is this normal? Also, It should have Tweeters, but I don't know where they are... can someone help?

Floormats - they were missing when I got it, anywhere in particular to get good replacements for cheap (Carpeted, not rubber). I'm going to call the dealer and see if they have them.

I will probably have more questions in the near future, but that's all for now. I love it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Welcome. I would look for some people trying to get rid of there OEM floor mats. Search the private classifieds

I Support ClubWRX
    Noises - There is definately a fair amount of engine noise from the engine compartment, and when throttle is open (not WOT necessarily), it almost sounds like a slight exhaust noise/leak - is this normal, or something I should get checked out?
    Probably hearing the wastegate. Commonly referred to as wastegate flutter. It can't be fixed its normal.
    Stereo - It seems like the reception kinda sucks - is this normal? Also, It should have Tweeters, but I don't know where they are... can someone help?
    Is it a single din stereo? If so you got a TR and its just the stereo, its awful replace it.
    If its an aftermarket stereo, they probably didin't hook up the powered antenna wire. Pretty common mistake, I forgot too initally and had to go back and do it.

Oh and tweeters are in the door, forward of the door handle.

Floormats - they were missing when I got it, anywhere in particular to get good replacements for cheap (Carpeted, not rubber). I'm going to call the dealer and see if they have them.
    www.subarugenuineparts.com
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Thanks guys. Found the Tweeters - would have never seen them there - they just look like part of the door handle.

Its not a TR, its the regular WRX. Has the 6-disc (but who uses CDs anyway)

Thanks for all the help so far.

I also noticed it looks like the rear dash is wired for speakers, and that there are speaker holes in the metal - will the Stock head-unit support an additional pair of speakers?

Oh yeah - I will post pictures here later today likely.

Thanks,
    Ray

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfound View Post

I also noticed it looks like the rear dash is wired for speakers, and that there are speaker holes in the metal - will the Stock head-unit support an additional pair of speakers?
    I too have noticed the holes there and wondered for what purpose. No the stock HU will not properly support an additional set without the addition of an amp to power them. Personally I wouldn't waste the effort.

Post pics for sure.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Welcome, Ray!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfound
    Is it just the normal turbo noise?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! The scoob is a bit noisy but if you are worried take it to a shop that services subarus.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the new ride,enjoy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks everyone - radio reception seems fine, not terrific, but fine.

I'm still not sure about the noise I'm hearing under throttle. It seems like it is between 2000 and 3000 rpms. Speed of noise changes as RPMs climb. Its like a "Chop-chop-chop" sound.

"Seatbelt chime" mod complete
    Trunk debadged.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfound View Post

"Seatbelt chime" mod complete
    Trunk debadged.

It hath begun..............
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

The ProDrive aftermarket mats are nicer than the OEM mats, and about 10 bucks less. I'd go with them...
    '02 Stage II WRX PSM Sport Wagon

...and one more thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end.- Homer Simpson

Teh Wagon

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have an 07 WRX wagon.. I don't hear any noise like you describe. I would get it looked at.

I too have the 6disc changer. I don't understand how Subaru can make such a terrible radio... totally confused on why my cheap-o Ford Focus stereo was awesome, and this one is just awful.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.