Hello everyone!

This is a discussion on Hello everyone! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I have been thinkin about getting a Subaru Sti, but not really sure how good it is. Can anyone ...

Hello everyone!

Hello, I have been thinkin about getting a Subaru Sti, but not really sure how good it is.

Can anyone let me know how good these cars are, so i can make a good choice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Compared to a Lexus - not very comfortable.
    Compared to a Z06 vette - not very fast.

Depends on what you are comparing too... What are your current choices?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

well i was thinkin about either the wrx or the sti.

Whats the diff between these?

like right now i have a 93 pathfinder that my step dad gave me, but i dnt want it anymore, and keeps falling apart, so looking for a car that i want and can make mods to.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If I could have afforded it, I would have gone STI. Basically same reliability and AWD, but MUCH faster. However - that costs you!

I got a new 2007 WRX Wagon Limited (leather, heated seats, etc..) for $25K. I was comparing that to a used (only 300 miles) STI on the same lot for $32K - both prices were after tough negotiation. Unless you go STI-limited (only 800 per year made), you can't get leather.

Bottom line is I love my car, but still would have preferred the STI if I could afford initial cost plus higher cost-of-ownership.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. ... ... ... You'll find the answer to you questions and many more by following the link in my signature. However, you can always just go to the Subaru site to get the basic differences in current models.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Ok, so sti is better if you have money lol, and wrx is cheaper, but need to do more mods to be as good as the Sti, right?

And then I would actually have a car that I want to take care of and want to put money into, instead of what I have now.

WRX with TBE and EM puts you as fast, if not faster than a stock STI
    2econd2none Performance

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruMan22 View Post
    Ok, so sti is better if you have money lol, and wrx is cheaper, but need to do more mods to be as good as the Sti, right?

And then I would actually have a car that I want to take care of and want to put money into, instead of what I have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik_WRX View Post
    WRX with TBE and EM puts you as fast, if not faster than a stock STI
    First of all... it really depends on what model years you are asking about. However, there are many other significant differences between the WRX & STi then just hp... Suspension, brakes, transmission, AVCS, etc., etc. Check out this link to get some more info on these and other models.

If your goal is to have STi performance, it is much cheaper to just buy an STi then to try and make one. That doesn't mean you can't be perfectly happy with a stage-2(EM & TBE) WRX.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC