Hello Everyone

This is a discussion on Hello Everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I am new to ClubWrx. I had a 2005 Subaru RS...then it was totaled...i have been driving a 1998 ...

Hello Everyone

Hello, I am new to ClubWrx. I had a 2005 Subaru RS...then it was totaled...i have been driving a 1998 civic ever since.(have not worked on it i don't like civic just get around car). Then i met up with a girl which is currently my girlfriend and she noticed my infatuation with Subaru's. so after about 10 months of dating she got a 2002 WRX. needless to say i was happy....but it still isn't the same cause the car isn't "mine". So I've got about $5,500 of debt that I'm trying to pay off before i invest in a Subaru myself. My personal favorite used to be the 02-03 generation...but now the 04-05 generation has grown on me.(06+ will never grow on me. ) I would REALLY love to get a 04-05 Sti, but i don't know if i could afford financially. So then i thought well ill go with the WRX. but then i thought to myself i would prefer the 2.5 engine. So now I'm thinking to just get an RS with low miles, and do a complete rebuild. I would keep the civic as my get around car. I would be crazy to give it away i get 35+ mpg. So that is where i am at now and i hope to learn more about subies.

Bordua

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Banned
    Welcome I don't know about an rs build. It is always better to just start off with a wrx.

yes..i have thought about that aswell...cause if i get an Rs im not gonna have to just do engine rebuild id have to do everything rebuild..lol

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would be surprised if you could get an RS to WRX performance for less money than just buying the WRX up front. I am interested in what you find though.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

i will try to keep updates on what i find...it'll be a little bit before i purchase but ill keep in touch