New '08 WRX Owner
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New '08 WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, Brand new to this forum and also a brand new WRX owner. Bought the '08 at the end of ...

New '08 WRX Owner

Hey,
    Brand new to this forum and also a brand new WRX owner. Bought the '08 at the end of September and have been in love ever since. Unfortunately I live right outside NYC and use my car for work, being in sales I'm on the road all day so I went with an auto transmission. Sitting in the 2 and change hours of traffic I do a day, a 5 speed would have been a chore.

Looking forward to getting advise and input on upgrades and mods as they become available. Don't think there's really much out there yet for the 08's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    Hey,
    Brand new to this forum and also a brand new WRX owner. Bought the '08 at the end of September and have been in love ever since. Unfortunately I live right outside NYC and use my car for work, being in sales I'm on the road all day so I went with an auto transmission. Sitting in the 2 and change hours of traffic I do a day, a 5 speed would have been a chore.

Looking forward to getting advise and input on upgrades and mods as they become available. Don't think there's really much out there yet for the 08's

Congrats man!! I just picked up my '08 on Friday!! Where's the pics??

OGB
    Congrats and welcome to the club. I was looking at http://www.ultimate-racing.com, they have a few parts available right now. Perrin also has some parts, but i dont think they are for sale yet.

+1 on pics

Quote Originally Posted by jshillin View Post
    Congrats man!! I just picked up my '08 on Friday!! Where's the pics??
    Working on those pics. She deff needs a wash before the photo opp lol. Congrats to you too. Are you planning on modifying? I was looking into a SPT intake http://subaruproparts.com/product_in...roducts_id=651 ,but found out today from Subaru it won't work on the '08

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the club. I was looking at http://www.ultimate-racing.com, they have a few parts available right now. Perrin also has some parts, but i dont think they are for sale yet.

+1 on pics
    The sports grill on your 08 looks sick! I looked at your original post about the car. Did you buy the car with the grill on it?

OGB
    The sports grill on your 08 looks sick! I looked at your original post about the car. Did you buy the car with the grill on it?
    yep, bought it with the sports grill already on there. I got the Navigation too. I honestly didn't like the navi at first, but now i think it is awesome. Although i think my Garmin is easier to use.

right now i have exhaust, wideband o2, and my other goodies will be installed by friday night.
    Last edited by OGB; 11-05-2007 at 04:22 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Where around NYC are you located? Got the hatch or sedan?
    And getting an auto for city traffic is probably the smartest decision.
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by broosewee View Post
    Where around NYC are you located? Got the hatch or sedan?
    I'm on the border of Suffolk and Nassau county in LI (huntington) I in and out of the five boroughs all day though. I got the sedan. I hated the hatch at first but now its really starting to grow on me.

Banned
    Welcome Pics

yeah pics are coming. Sorry about that. It was raining today and she needs a wash. Hopefully I have them up by Thursday.

Finally got some pics up (I'm not much a photographer)

Shes bone stock right now but hopefully not for long.
    Could be voiding the warranty with a downpipe from Cobb by the end of the month hahah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0676.jpg   IMG_0677.jpg   IMG_0679.jpg   IMG_0680.jpg   IMG_0681.jpg  

IMG_0683.jpg  
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

OGB

Could be voiding the warranty with a downpipe from Cobb by the end of the month hahah
    Nice pictures.

Let your fellow '08 owners know how that downpipe works out for you. i might be getting one after christmas.
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."

Looks good, but it looks like your detailer installed some nice swirl marks for you as well!! Find a good detailer in your area to knock those out and it will look great!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    She looks great!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.