New '08 WRX Owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New '08 WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love the dual exhuast look... not sure why they put that on the sedan, and not on the wagon. ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I love the dual exhuast look... not sure why they put that on the sedan, and not on the wagon.

Either way - nice car. I have owned my WRX for 2 months and have never loved a car this much. Enjoy.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    I love the dual exhuast look... not sure why they put that on the sedan, and not on the wagon.
    Thanks man!! Yeah I noticed that a couple weeks back. The hatch has that rear diffusior which is sick. But not having the dual is kinda weak. Although it does help when modding the exhaust. One muffler is way cheaper then two lol.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Quote Originally Posted by jshillin View Post
    Looks good, but it looks like your detailer installed some nice swirl marks for you as well!! Find a good detailer in your area to knock those out and it will look great!!!
    I've had the car for a little more then a month now. But to be honest I cant see any swirl marks, even in the sun. I've done the waxing since i've gotten it. Think she looks pretty good. Maybe it was the sun that day.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

stage 2 08's already? i didn't know cobb had a MAP for the Engine management side of stage 2...yet. don't know if I would run a dp with no Engine Management. can't wait to see how the LGT gears hold up. wish my gears weren't made of glass.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 11-07-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    stage 2 08's already? i didn't know cobb had a MAP for the EM side of stage 2...yet. don't know if I would run a dp with no EM. can't wait to see how the LGT gears hold up. wish my gears weren't made of glass.
    Spoke to Cobb yesterday and they do have a MAP for stage 2. I guess that have an access point. I'm still learning engines so I don't know a whole lot about it. (Have no idea what "EM side of stage 2" means haha) But according to Cobb their using the LGT downpipe for the new 08's.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    Have no idea what "EM side of stage 2" means haha
    For the definitions to acronyms click here. additionally, please explore the link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

OGB
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    Spoke to Cobb yesterday and they do have a MAP for stage 2. I guess that have an access point. I'm still learning engines so I don't know a whole lot about it. (Have no idea what "EM side of stage 2" means haha) But according to Cobb their using the LGT downpipe for the new 08's.
    Cobb has maps for the '08s??
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Cobb has maps for the '08s??
    I spoke to a guy name chris yesterday and according to him that have an AccessPort for 08's
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

OGB
    are you sure its not the Legacy / Outback one?
    i dont see it on the website.
    Mods
    "If you're not breakin' ****, you're not goin' fast enough."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    stage 2 08's already? can't wait to see how the LGT gears hold up. .
    They will hold up just fine. I banged second and third gear often in the stage 2 LGT and never had an issue. It was fairly easy to chirp the tires in 2nd actually. However, if the LGT clutch is also on the new 08 WRX, that is where the sore point will come in to play. It was a very conservative clutch and you really had to finesse it to get any good hole shot out of the package. If you over-revved even a little....sniff, sniff...and you get to smell burnt clutch for a half hour or so. I looked at it as my power train relief valve
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    are you sure its not the Legacy / Outback one?
    i dont see it on the website.
    Ok I lied I should be out by mid December. I called back to make sure ended up speaking with the same guy. I was wrong, the dp is available which is the dp from the LGT but there's no mapping available for it yet
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.