07 sti questions

This is a discussion on 07 sti questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I'm new to the wrx world, just bought an 07 sti and had a few questions. I bought ...

07 sti questions

Hello all,
    I'm new to the wrx world, just bought an 07 sti and had a few questions. I bought the car used and it already had the spt catback exhaust, intake and heat shield installed. I was wondering what parts will mate up properly for a stage two kit. After reading some threads I was wondering if anyone has the invidia v3 downpipe with the spt catback and the cobb ap. Does this setup sound like it would work and if so what numbers could I expect. I would like to be sitting around 300 whp. Any suggestions???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    do you really want to void the manufacturers warranty to soon? I assume the car is still well under 36K miles.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!:

A DP and some EM will get you in the neighborhood.

Please take a moment to explore the link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiew13 View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm new to the wrx world, just bought an 07 sti and had a few questions. I bought the car used and it already had the spt catback exhaust, intake and heat shield installed. I was wondering what parts will mate up properly for a stage two kit. After reading some threads I was wondering if anyone has the invidia v3 downpipe with the spt catback and the cobb ap. Does this setup sound like it would work and if so what numbers could I expect. I would like to be sitting around 300 whp. Any suggestions???
    Welcome. There is a forum specifically for STi's under the Engine Modification main forum. There is also a sticky for "mod path" in that forum that will probably answer all of your questions.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Hi, are you in Morgan Hill CA? Come by BAIC at I-Club..

http://www.i-club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Clubwrx is the bomb, but if you want to meet up with some people in CA or the bay area come check us out...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #888

I Support ClubWRX
    For starters dont do ANYTHING to that car before you get some engine management. Once you get the parts on that you think you are keeping for while (like exhaust or what not) make sure you get a professional tune by someone who understands the 07's right away.

The car comes with a horrible stock tune from the factory. Make sure if you get a downpipe that it's a catted downpipe.

Honestly I'm waiting on modding my 07 until they get the ECU thing figured out as it appears several tuners are still struggling.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    For starters dont do ANYTHING to that car before you get some engine management. Once you get the parts on that you think you are keeping for while (like exhaust or what not) make sure you get a professional tune by someone who understands the 07's right away.

The car comes with a horrible stock tune from the factory. Make sure if you get a downpipe that it's a catted downpipe.

Honestly I'm waiting on modding my 07 until they get the ECU thing figured out as it appears several tuners are still struggling.
    Sweet thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I saw a reputable tuner somewhere in the bay area, Ed I think. I'll have to do some more research but thanks for the response.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Welcome. There is a forum specifically for STi's under the Engine Modification main forum. There is also a sticky for "mod path" in that forum that will probably answer all of your questions.
    I appreciate all of the feedback and thanks ballz for the new site. I'll be checking it out.