getting around o2 sensor problems...

This is a discussion on getting around o2 sensor problems... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how do i get around the o2 sensor (limp home mode) when installing a downpipe andtest pipe,catbak system. And what ...

getting around o2 sensor problems...

how do i get around the o2 sensor (limp home mode) when installing a downpipe andtest pipe,catbak system. And what about the egt sensor?im not doing anything till i can get these figured out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT#1 View Post
    how do i get around the o2 sensor (limp home mode) when installing a downpipe andtest pipe,catbak system. And what about the egt sensor?im not doing anything till i can get these figured out.
    use engine management or a cel fix
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Well it depends if you have a EM of some kind, if you have a accesport flash stage 2, leave nothing plugged into the pre-turbo cat EGT plug and reinstall the o2's into new pipes and you are good to go and the CEL's have been elliminated w/ cobb's maps, now if you are not using EM then you will need to do the resister mod for the EGT sensor, a quick search will reveal the exact resister, but basically you buy a 10cent resistor from radio shack and place it in the plug in which the sensor originally went, then the first o2 after the turbo you will reinstall the o2 directly into the pipe, and for the second o2 you will need to either use a premade o2 spacer or the cheap two drilled non-fouler method, which i am sure can also be found w/a search. This will get you by w/ out EM, but expect a CEL for catalyst effeciency below threshold every once in awhile, this is unavoidable completely w/ out em
    2002 SRP wrx mt sedan
    AP v2.0 stg 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC