what to get???

This is a discussion on what to get??? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ive always liked subaru=awd, especielly living in utah, i got hooked on tuner cars and the impreza family of cars ...

NJO

what to get???

ive always liked subaru=awd, especielly living in utah, i got hooked on tuner cars and the impreza family of cars i really like. i dont have to much money to spend on a car but i know i want an impreza, ive looked at the 2.5rs, and the wrxs, an sti is out of my range, but for tuning and everyday drivablity what car would you recomend? i know the wrx is turbo and obviosly quicker but im knewer to the subaru stuff so i came to the experts...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    If you are in to tuning it, definitely go with the WRX. It has tons more potential than the 2.5rs.

wrx ftw!!

but ive definatley seen some fast ass 2.5 rs's, but they are harder to come by... wrxs are easier to tune!
    SPONSORS for Rally:AMSOIL, Livewire Energy, Six-feet deep clothing, ARS(Aluminum Rapid Shelters), and FatHeads Eyewear.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    As far as which way to go... obviously the one that is faster to begin with will usually be easier to mod for performance but it really is up to you. What you prefer, can spend, your goals and what is available to you.
    Good luck!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck to you. It is a hard choice. (Money wise only). A lot of us on here would love a 99-00 Impreza 2.5RS coupe with an STi of that year powertrain and tune, but we live with what we can do so be bought the most efficient one of them and got the WRX which already has the 2.0T engine (unless your looking at 06+ which have the 2.5T).

I have seen plenty of people make the 2.5RS cars fast but they probably have more money into them mod wise then we do into ours. Plus line a WRX up to a 2.5RS (stock for stock) and the 2.5RS will lose everytime. The only reason I say this and bring this up is because just to compete against the WRX it already needs modification.

I hope I cleared some stuff up for you. Search around, there is plenty of topics like this previously discussed. Welcome to the site.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Go WRX. It is pleanty tunable and can be made close to STi fast.

The STi is an unbeatable performance bargain, but too much $ for some.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

NJO
    thanks for the help guys, the wrx was what i was thinking, but now im allmost positive thats what ime getting, its just a matter of money now. i was looking at an 02, it seems i can find them for a reasonable price and mileage. and i like the bugeyes.

Get the WRX. Nothing wrong with the 2.5RS of course, but you'll be much happier if you have the WRX straight out of the box. If money is tight, maybe you could push the purchase back a couple more months to add to your savings. If you can find a WRX bugeye that fits your price range now, then go for it!

Banned
    Where at in utah are you

I could help you find one that's not a dud like mine

NJO
    im in salt lake city, university area, but im looking for a really good deal since moneys tight, or i could save a little longer

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    im in salt lake city, university area, but im looking for a really good deal since moneys tight, or i could save a little longer
    Saving always works It will also make it easier when it comes to buying the car you want.