traded civic si for wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on traded civic si for wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i just traded my 03 civic sir (canada eh) for an 04 wrx! i am so excited to get ...

traded civic si for wrx

well i just traded my 03 civic sir (canada eh) for an 04 wrx! i am so excited to get her tomorrow! my civic was a major project car but i want to make the wrx more of a driver and sleeper car. what should be my first upgrade for power??? and what is the best way to increase sound wise for my BOV. i am new to the wrx engines i dont know any of the language for them so please be patient eh lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the forum, as for power, engine management is verrrrry important in making reliable power on your wrx. do some reading on here before you do anything to the car. our motors are very picky to mods without engine management. Check out Cobbtuning for their accessport. it's one of the easiest to use imo. also... your factory bypass valve is the best thing to stay with. Bov's sound cool, but arent that great for your motor. the bypass valve recirculates that air it purges instead of venting to atmosphere like a bov. you can remove the little silencer thing on your inake tubing (in the fenderwell) to get a little more sound. have fun with the wrx!!!!!

yeah i figured engine management was a huge issue where the cars are turboed. i had an engine swap in my civic with CAI/Exhaust/race header and you could tell she needed tuning bad!!!! i have been reading alot about the cobb stuff, seems like it is all very good gear. i also want to get in to auto-X next summer so i am going to be looking for suspension stuff, i like all the cusco stuff great company IMO. thanks for the info on the BOV, what u said seems to be the trend here inless ur makin huge boost which i wont be. any more info would be greatly appreciated also, i am here to learn!!! and make some new friends along the way

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

Welcome to the club!!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

thanks for the welcomes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    welcome to the forum, as for power, engine management is verrrrry important in making reliable power on your wrx. do some reading on here before you do anything to the car. our motors are very picky to mods without engine management. Check out Cobbtuning for their accessport. it's one of the easiest to use imo. also... your factory bypass valve is the best thing to stay with. Bov's sound cool, but arent that great for your motor. the bypass valve recirculates that air it purges instead of venting to atmosphere like a bov. you can remove the little silencer thing on your inake tubing (in the fenderwell) to get a little more sound. have fun with the wrx!!!!!
    Welcome

This is very good advice. If your into computers their is free EM out there just be preparied to put in work to figure it out.

I have Cusco coilovers and i love them to death.. i have had all kinds of coilovers on previous cars and nothing as good as cusco.

Quote Originally Posted by HxcJohnny View Post
    Do you have a picture of this mod? Does this affect your car in anyway and does the sound change much?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingWrx View Post
    Do you have a picture of this mod? Does this affect your car in anyway and does the sound change much?
    Instructions for this procedure can be found via THIS LINK, this link, this link, and this link.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Banned
    Please post pix of teh old car, I am a fan of the ep3.

Welcome aboard! You'll miss your old seats but the WRX rocks the EP3 in every other way (except for the shifter position).

i actually like the seats in the wrx better. the ep3 seats are narrow and i am 6foot 205lbs

Banned
    Nice sub

thanks i cant wait to get my system in the new wrx!!!

do you miss your ep3 ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.