Hopefully a new owner of a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hopefully a new owner of a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everyone! My name is Adam, I am from Ontario Canada, and I am a Skoobie fan!! I've loved the ...

Hopefully a new owner of a WRX

Hey Everyone!
    My name is Adam, I am from Ontario Canada, and I am a Skoobie fan!! I've loved the Imprezza WRX since the first time I saw one!!
    Now, I am hoping to become a proud owner of a WRX, either a 2002 or a 2003. But I have a couple questions before I go buy one... How many KM's is too high for the flat 4? I am looking at a 2002 that is gorgeous, clean inside and out, but it has 227,000 KMs on it, all highway... That number scares the crap outta me but I can get the car for nice and cheap... Also, what would everyone think is a good price to pay for an '02 or '03? The other's Im looking at are around 100,000 Km's...
    What KM would you need to start worrying about the turbo and intake system? What would I look for when going to buy one?? This is probably the worst place to post this, but within a week (hopefully) I will be a full fledged member, rockin all four leavin my treadprints for everyone to see!! Thanks everyone!!
    Last edited by THIS WRX; 10-26-2007 at 11:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    227000km is way to much. I would be looking for more like 96000km (100000 is ok). For an '03, depending on the market value where you live I would be looking for and '03 for under $14,400. Just make sure you go over with a fine tooth comb and have a mechanic check it out before you buy.

Just my $.02 USD based on my experience of buying an '03 two months ago.

P.S. All distances in KM and all $ in CAD thanks to onlineconversion.com and xe.com

Thanks Dub, thats what I was thinking about the 227,000... I'll just keep my eye out for some other ones!

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up Welcome!

Adam,
    Welcome to the club, eh!

Make sure you check out our Car Purchasing Forum, Oh Canadian Forum and take a minute to click (book mark too maybe) and explore the link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by THIS WRX View Post
    Thanks Dub, thats what I was thinking about the 227,000... I'll just keep my eye out for some other ones!
    +1 Just keep your eyes open and be patient, you'll find your perfect car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.