Greetings from a Convert in TN
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Greetings from a Convert in TN within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just got my Subaru Wednesday, a white '06 WRX. (I'm making the switch from a '00 eclipse ...shudder...) ...

Greetings from a Convert in TN

Hey guys, just got my Subaru Wednesday, a white '06 WRX. (I'm making the switch from a '00 eclipse ...shudder...) She's a thing of beauty and I'm so glad I decided on it. It was between this and an '06 Mazda RX-8, and I got the car that I liked better. Always wanted an AWD turbo, so here I am .

I've been reading for a day or so now, and I see a recurring theme of bad trannys in the WRX..anything I should be concerned with? I don't plan on heavy modifications for a long time, maybe just some aesthetics and a good tune. I searched for a thread about it, but didn't come away totally satisfied. I definitely don't want to ruin this car. (I realize my transmission's life is going to be based on how I drive it, but I'm just trying to cover my ass )

Wow long first post..thanks in advance guys and I look forward to getting more involved here. Great forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2314 View Post
    Hey guys, just got my Subaru Wednesday, a white '06 WRX. (I'm making the switch from a '00 eclipse ...shudder...) She's a thing of beauty and I'm so glad I decided on it. It was between this and an '06 Mazda RX-8, and I got the car that I liked better. Always wanted an AWD turbo, so here I am .

I've been reading for a day or so now, and I see a recurring theme of bad trannys in the WRX..anything I should be concerned with? I don't plan on heavy modifications for a long time, maybe just some aesthetics and a good tune. I searched for a thread about it, but didn't come away totally satisfied. I definitely don't want to ruin this car. (I realize my transmission's life is going to be based on how I drive it, but I'm just trying to cover my ass )

Wow long first post..thanks in advance guys and I look forward to getting more involved here. Great forum.

Hello and welcome to the club!

Tranny? Be nice to it and it will be nice back. Since 2002 the WRX tranny has been beefed up a few times starting in 2003.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

06 & 07 are supposed to have been beefed up again. It's just like anything, even the sti tranny, there not bullet proof, there trannies. Depends on the horsepower your tearing through them with also........
    Alan
    Wingl3ss @lliance #7
    F T W

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.