14k mile STI bad idea?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 14k mile STI bad idea? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I decided on a subaru and am now debating on which one to get. Its between a 07 wrx limited ...

14k mile STI bad idea?

I decided on a subaru and am now debating on which one to get. Its between a 07 wrx limited new with no miles on it or an STI with 14k miles on it. The STI is at the subaru dealership and is certified with no modifications done to the car. The WRX is $25,500(they are taking $3000 off) the STI is
    $28,500 plus tax for both. Always hesitant when looking at used STI's...
    Last edited by jetblue2135; 10-23-2007 at 04:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd go after the STi. 14K miles is nothing. Is the STi an '07 as well?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

The STI is an 06...I'm not crazy about the wing so I'm thinking about removing it if I go with the STI just to tone it down a bit. I think that is shying me away from the STI...as silly as that may sound

I Support ClubWRX
    Lots of STi owners remove the wing. It isn't that uncommon.

Please...take my word for it. Get the STi. You'll thank me later. For that cost differential, you'll be wondering what you were thinking a year from now if you buy the WRX. Both great cars, but the STi is night and day difference to the WRX.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I am shocked at a sticker of $28,500 for a WRX. Just seems wierd.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

The WRX is a 07 Limited...leather seats, fogs etc...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Please...take my word for it. Get the STi. You'll thank me later. For that cost differential, you'll be wondering what you were thinking a year from now if you buy the WRX. Both great cars, but the STi is night and day difference to the WRX.
    +1. If you're thinking of modding at all, just spend a couple extra bucks for the STi with performance upgrades you'll wish you had in a WRX anyway. I'm a WRX -> STi convert and I'm glad I made the decision.

get the sti hands down.
    Stage II and loving it!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Id go with the STI for sure. my next subie will be an 06-07 STI i think.

IDK i spent 500 bucks on my WRX limited and im running faster then a stock STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    Does that 500 account for a suspension and brake upgrade?

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Get STI man. I had the same 2 options and went with the new WRX but I really wish I went with the used STI. It's worth the extra money for the tranny alone, you can mod with confidence...unlike the WRX.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch64 View Post
    Do you have the STI transmission? how about the differentials? how about those sweet Brembo brakes and BBS wheels? those and the suspension are the biggest reasons to get the STI.

and 14k is like a free break in and lowers the price. win, win.

Jetblue,
    Read the title of your thread one time. I think you've made up your mind as to which you might go with. Don't let us tell you what to get, just do what you are most comfortable with.
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

alright thanks guys, I'm coming out of a Audi S4 and this will be my first subaru so I wanted to get opinions and as much info as I could before I made the decision, not too familiar with the wrx/sti's yet

If your planning on modding your car or your planning on driving your car hard every so often id say its worth it to go for the STI where as if you search this forum you will find how many people with the WRX 5 speed break their transmissions not to metion all the other parts that SonicWagon and Ying mentioned. This is my personal opinion but that is seeing as how i have already had to replace the transmission in my car due to it breaking and I have an 06 and bought it brand new I think it is worth it to go for the STI if I could go back and choose my car brand new or an STI with lower mileage and stock from the dealership without question i would go with the STI but like jetblue2135 it your decision were just trying to give you all the details on both cars and decisions we would make

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast