Recent Convert!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Recent Convert! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up? I'm only about two weeks old. I just converted from the Honda Tuning World. Only bad part ...

Recent Convert!

Hey whats up? I'm only about two weeks old. I just converted from the Honda Tuning World. Only bad part is, I feel like I have to learn everything all over again. Maybe you guys can help me out. Which are the best performance companies for WRX's? What are the best beginner upgrades? I currently have a Turbo Back exhaust, STI injectors, vf30 turbo, and Cobb's accessport. Is this the best setup so far, or is there a better beginner setup I should start with? Thanks for any input and advice.

Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stage2WRX View Post
    Hey whats up? I'm only about two weeks old. I just converted from the Honda Tuning World. Only bad part is, I feel like I have to learn everything all over again. Maybe you guys can help me out. Which are the best performance companies for WRX's? What are the best beginner upgrades? I currently have a Turbo Back exhaust, STI injectors, vf30 turbo, and Cobb's accessport. Is this the best setup so far, or is there a better beginner setup I should start with? Thanks for any input and advice.

Eric
    Welcome - check the link in my sig for new bugeye owners. It's quick and short, but should get you started. Start searching and you'll find plenty of information is already documented on the forum.

What map are you currently running on the AP?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Welcome - check the link in my sig for new bugeye owners. It's quick and short, but should get you started. Start searching and you'll find plenty of information is already documented on the forum.

What map are you currently running on the AP?
    The current Map is the Stage 2, 93 Octane rated at 320hp. Should I be running a different map? The guy I bought it from seemed to have a decent subaru knowledge. Why would he put the turbo timer on it if it doesn't need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stage2WRX View Post
    The current Map is the Stage 2, 93 Octane rated at 320hp. Should I be running a different map? The guy I bought it from seemed to have a decent subaru knowledge. Why would he put the turbo timer on it if it doesn't need it?
    The stage 2 map is not 320 hp.

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/...03WRXMaps.html

Use your AP and check which map you are running. It should be the vf30 map if that's which turbo you have. I have no idea why he would put a turbo timer on it - maybe he's a fan of wasting fuel, or maybe he just liked the sound of the boxer engine. I don't know.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

The stage 2 map is not 320 hp.

http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/...03WRXMaps.html

Use your AP and check which map you are running. It should be the vf30 map if that's which turbo you have. I have no idea why he would put a turbo timer on it - maybe he's a fan of wasting fuel, or maybe he just liked the sound of the boxer engine. I don't know.
    Yeah my mistake, it is the vf30 Map. Sorry I'm an idiot. Well its a blitz Turbo timer so it also does like temp, voltage, and some stop watch crap. So your saying I should just turn the timer off?

I don't think it's going to hurt anything, leave it if you like it. Most people here would sell it to someone who can use it and use the funds to pick up a worthwhile mod.

I don't think it's going to hurt anything, leave it if you like it. Most people here would sell it to someone who can use it and use the funds to pick up a worthwhile mod.
    Thats a good idea, I just dont want to screw anything up while uninstalling it. But if thats what you recommend then thats what I'll do. About the white smoke though. What could it be? could it be the timer? Thats maybe keeping the motor running without the ECU map? I'm just talking out my ass, I need advice though.

I highly doubt it's the timer. Should be easy to check though.

Leave the car running with the keys in it for a minute or two, get out - wait and see if you get smoke.

I'm thinking you'll still have the issue.

I highly doubt it's the timer. Should be easy to check though.

Leave the car running with the keys in it for a minute or two, get out - wait and see if you get smoke.

I'm thinking you'll still have the issue.
    What could it be though?

I Support ClubWRX
    White smoke out the exhaust could be a bad head gasket or a crack in the block.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    White smoke out the exhaust could be a bad head gasket or a crack in the block.
    But its not burning any coolant or oil.

If your oil and coolant levels are steady, it could just be condensation in the exhaust. I'll get a little sometimes. Try to get a picture of the smoke and post it up. If it's not too thick, it's probably nothing to worry about.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Does your white smoke happen all day or just in the morning?

All day could be blown turbo too.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Please take a moment to explore the link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have only seen white smoke in the case of a bad head gasket - twice. The first time, there was noticeable amounts of oil in the coolant tank. The second, there was no noticeable amount of oil or coolant loss - as the crack was hairline.

Best way to tell is inspect your sparkplugs. Here is a good website that leads you in certain directions depending on what you see when you pull the plug:

http://www.mopar.com/m_maint_inspection_plugs_tune.html
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast