Picking it up tomorrow! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

This is a discussion on Picking it up tomorrow! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; no kidding - true story... I drove a 2002 Ford Focus for 5 years with zero issue. 2 days into ...

  1. #31
    Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    843
    I Support ClubWRX
    no kidding - true story...

    I drove a 2002 Ford Focus for 5 years with zero issue. 2 days into owning my brand-spankin new 2007 WRX - a honkin piece of plywood (2 feet on a side) flew out of the back of a pickup on the interstate and nailed the bottom of my front spoiler. I didn't have 200 miles on the car yet!!! Argh. I now have a dent and scratch on the spoiler that I learned to not obsess over.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User mightyatom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    cumberland, ri
    Posts
    94
    love the ride... ive had the same one for about a year already.. no problems... not sure about everyone else, but when i got my AP for it, my city gas mileage went from 18-20 to 22-23... nice difference that you'll appreciate after driving in nyc for a while...
    also, 400/mo for insurance??? damn!! im just a little south in philly and mine is under 100... try and shop around for that or become friendly with someone outside the city!

    good luck with it...

    ps... whatever you do, dont lower the car driving in that neck of the woods... i got tein htec's on mine and going through nyc is not fun.

  4. #33
    Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subiechk View Post
    my insurance was pretty high too, but that was cuz my car +my dad on the policy was just all bad. enjoy the car, i have an 07 but i wish i had the heated seats those will come in handy in a month or 2...welcome!
    Gotta say... the heated seats on my 07 get mildly warm - nowhere near hot. When I drove an outback - they cooked your a$$. Interested to hear from others if mine are weak - or if this is expected. The outback that I drove wasn't leather - my wrX is so that might be the difference.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #34
    Registered User mightyatom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    cumberland, ri
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    Gotta say... the heated seats on my 07 get mildly warm - nowhere near hot. When I drove an outback - they cooked your a$$. Interested to hear from others if mine are weak - or if this is expected. The outback that I drove wasn't leather - my wrX is so that might be the difference.
    hmmm...well, i can tell you mine get 'mildly' warm when on low and stay that way... but if i turn them on high, they get pretty darn hot for a few minutes, then turn off for a while (which i assume is some kinda safety mech for the seats, cause my mom's acura does the same thing and they are leather also)... id get it checked out, make sure you get what u pay for!

  6. #35
    Registered User Niblazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    37
    Well I got a question that you guys should probably know about gas mileage. Right now I'm going by how many miles i got for 3/4ths the tank. I just used the needle and didn't actually measure by seeing how many gallons I put in. But right now it comes out to 16mpg. I do A good bit of city driving, but in the mornings I'm only in slight traffic for 5-10 mins. Theres still only 800 miles on the car, so will it get better as it gets more broken in? Going to work my average speed is probably 60. Coming home theres more traffic but I hit 80 for a min or 2. Either way 16mpg sounds pretty low to me.

  7. #36
    Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    843
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Niblazed View Post
    Well I got a question that you guys should probably know about gas mileage. Right now I'm going by how many miles i got for 3/4ths the tank. I just used the needle and didn't actually measure by seeing how many gallons I put in. But right now it comes out to 16mpg. I do A good bit of city driving, but in the mornings I'm only in slight traffic for 5-10 mins. Theres still only 800 miles on the car, so will it get better as it gets more broken in? Going to work my average speed is probably 60. Coming home theres more traffic but I hit 80 for a min or 2. Either way 16mpg sounds pretty low to me.
    At least for my car - you can't do the 3/4 tank thing... Seems my WRX is one of the cars that stays on FULL for ever, then drastically empties. I will have a 100 miles with the need still on FULL, than, at 200 miles, and I at only 1/3 tank left.

    Quote Originally Posted by mightyatom View Post
    hmmm...well, i can tell you mine get 'mildly' warm when on low and stay that way... but if i turn them on high, they get pretty darn hot for a few minutes, then turn off for a while (which i assume is some kinda safety mech for the seats, cause my mom's acura does the same thing and they are leather also)... id get it checked out, make sure you get what u pay for!
    Now I feel better... I hung out with my brother who has a high-end 2007 Accord. His heated seats were just like mine.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •