Newbee with 2008 WRX - help

This is a discussion on Newbee with 2008 WRX - help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone. I'm new to the the world of Subaru. I finaly took the plunge from a Honda to my ...

Newbee with 2008 WRX - help

Hi everyone. I'm new to the the world of Subaru. I finaly took the plunge from a Honda to my new 2008 WRX wagon. So far this car is sweet! I know that the car is so new and that there are probably no available aftermarket parts for it yet, however does anyone know where or what company would provide lowering springs for this thing? I looked all over and cannot find a single place. Maybe someone out there with the 08's are also looking. Any ideas or help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cobbtuning.com is the only place you can find anything for the 08. but they dont have lowering springs out yet.
    2econd2none Performance

OGB
    I think the car is low enough.

You can go get a custom exhaust.
    2008 WRX Exhaust

Or WideBand
    WideBand Video

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

The 2008s are so new, there won't be too much out for them from too many folks for at least little while.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

2008 WRX lowering springs

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I checked around the internet and found some 2008 WRX's where the owners already lowered them and got rid of the gap between the tire and fender. If any 2008 WRX owners are out there, what type of springs did you use? Also... please dont tell me to cut the springs. Thanks again everyone.

I dont think any 08 owners here have lowered the car. I think you may of seen shops w/ lowered 08's.

Keep an eye out for Eibach Pro Kit springs.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by badpmpnoy View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the the world of Subaru. I finaly took the plunge from a Honda to my new 2008 WRX wagon. So far this car is sweet! I know that the car is so new and that there are probably no available aftermarket parts for it yet, however does anyone know where or what company would provide lowering springs for this thing? I looked all over and cannot find a single place. Maybe someone out there with the 08's are also looking. Any ideas or help would be great.
    Cusco Coilovers.

I've looking for stuff also. Eibach and H&R both have part numbers for 08 springs, but no place to buy yet.

Any input from others appreciated... What are y'alls thoughts on coilovers?

Should I go with cuscos (though expensive) so that I can swap out the stock components later on or wait for lowering springs.

I am not sure what this websites rules are and I not meaning to piss anyone off, I am only trying to help. There is a new website dedicated to the 2008s...3GWRX.com. There is only like 200 people on it but they are all in you same boat and avidly search for new 2008 only products. You should keep this site well up on your frequented WRX sites.
    Could be the OLDEST "junior" member on this forum

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by a2cpc View Post
    I am not sure what this websites rules are and I not meaning to piss anyone off, I am only trying to help. There is a new website dedicated to the 2008s...3GWRX.com. There is only like 200 people on it but they are all in you same boat and avidly search for new 2008 only products. You should keep this site well up on your frequented WRX sites.
    I frequent that site as well. It's a decent little site. The only strange thing is it seems like most of the people on there are trying to get BOVs and TTs... I guess if the market isn't that big for real mods yet, people resort to useless mods.
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-30-2008 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelin>me
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by a2cpc View Post
    Actually this was a general question for any wrx owner that may have had coilovers now or in the past.

Pros, cons and general opinon were what I was after.

Plus, like the guy above said, that site is... kinda useless.

This thread has a bunch of 08 stuff from this vendor:

Unbeatable prices on Whiteline suspension components!

plus you can keep checking out these guys:

www.cobbtuning.com
    www.rallitek.com
    www.perrinperformance.com

they might not have suspension stuff yet, but will soon. I have spoke to Cobb and Perrin a couple times.

Cobb already has the Accessport and downpipe available for the 08 models.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I don't remember which poster I got this from so I can't give him/her just do but that ebing said, here is a link with a bunch of mods for the '08 WRX (including a Borla cat back for both the 5-door and the 4-door, ya know, if you feel like dropping a G).

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx_08/wrx_08.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Grasmonky3 View Post
    I don't remember which poster I got this from so I can't give him/her just do but that ebing said, here is a link with a bunch of mods for the '08 WRX (including a Borla cat back for both the 5-door and the 4-door, ya know, if you feel like dropping a G).

http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx_08/wrx_08.htm
    The sedan is expensive because it is a dual exhaust. The 5 door price is about normal. My borla hush catback for my 2005 was between $700 and 800 back in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth