New To clubwrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New To clubwrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been thinking, and I believe the two instances of the CEL coming on were both prior to me ...

Smile

I have been thinking, and I believe the two instances of the CEL coming on were both prior to me swapping out the old air filter for a new one. While changing the oil, I decided to check the air filter which was very dirty. Also, it appeared to be a cheap filter (Purolator or similar). You couldn't see any light through it at all. Also prior to the new air filter, the car seemed to be idling pretty low (slightly under 500 rpm). After replacing the old air filter (I had to get a Purolator because they didn't have the K&N in stock), the car is now at or slightly above 500 rpm idle speed and I haven't had another CEL scenario since (crossing my fingers). I plan on replacing the filter with a K&N as soon as I can get one ordered. Also, I was thinking to check if the car still has the stock fuel pump in the tank. I know that a lot of people recommend replacing the fuel pump with a larger aftermarket pump if there has been significant upgrades to the car's fuel/air system. Additionally, I haven't had a chance to peak at the numbers or stamping on the turbo yet. But, I can tell you that I am boosting consistently between 16-18 psi under hard pedal. I don't know if that helps any of you with what type of ugraded turbo I might have on the car and/or what WHP I might be getting out of the car or not? Also, would replacing engine pulleys (alternator, etc.) with lighter aftermarket pulleys offer any h.p. gains? Or, are they a waste of time and money?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up 16-18 Psi

If I'm running 16-18 psi boost under hard acceleration, what size turbo do I likely have? And, potential h.p. output? Or, do you need more information? I don't want to have to take the turbo off or other parts to check for additional numbers, etc. if I don't have to. And considering the cost, I don't plan on upgrading the turbo anytime soon. If it helps, I have a BPM TMIC and a BPM GT Exhaust. And, the car is an '02 WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Welcome, congrats on the new car. Do you know the history of it, you should probably get it to someone who knows a lot about these cars to give it a once over, list your mods and make sure your tune is in order.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeYellowWRX View Post
    If I'm running 16-18 psi boost under hard acceleration, what size turbo do I likely have? And, potential h.p. output? Or, do you need more information? I don't want to have to take the turbo off or other parts to check for additional numbers, etc. if I don't have to. And considering the cost, I don't plan on upgrading the turbo anytime soon. If it helps, I have a BPM TMIC and a BPM GT Exhaust. And, the car is an '02 WRX.
    Like I said earlier, you just need to take off the turbo "heat-shield" to look for any stampings/numbers. (search on how to do this) Takes all of about 7min to do. We can tell you nothing by the psi that you are boosting or by the I/C that you have. Seriously you need to find out what EM you have and need to have the tune checked. I'm not ragging on you, and neither are the few other people that agree w/ me. We just want to make sure that your car is safe. Plus there are a TON of great tuners for subys now. So with that being the deal, you can still get more power out of your car. Since your car is an 02 with only 15k, that might mean that your tune is older and out-dated. Since the first time the car was tuned(if it was a while ago) there have been so many more people to come out with new tuning techniches to yeild more power and yet be safe.
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Love the yellow - I hardly see those around here.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12