Hello,I Just Bought a 2005 STi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello,I Just Bought a 2005 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi,All. I bought a Black 2005 WRX STi yesterday. It's got 45K miles,clean CarFax,one owner,no 'mods,(other than a CF trunk,the ...

Hello,I Just Bought a 2005 STi

Hi,All.
    I bought a Black 2005 WRX STi yesterday.
    It's got 45K miles,clean CarFax,one owner,no 'mods,(other than a CF trunk,the original is also included)
    It's clean as clean can be,it seems to me.
    (I paid $22K,imo that's a pretty decent deal,from all of my research,am I right?)

Important:
    I pick it up Monday,is there anything I should know,or adjust,before a 120 mile drive home?

I know the car has a lot of gadgetry and I'll read the book,just not,preferably,in the dealer's parking lot!
    (I'm didn't buy it from a Subie dealer,it's a Jeep dealership,and they have No Clue what an STi is all about.)
    I bought the STi as a winter car,my 2004 RX-8 simply won't do in Maine winters,and I didn't want another truck or SUV,so the STi seemed a logical compromise.
    (You may laugh out loud at that statement-I just like to go fast,year-round!)
    I'll admit,I bought this car knowing that it's a badass ride,but I didn't delve too deeply into the specifics,just the overview. Silly me,300 ft/lbs of torque-that must have been what blew me back in my seat on the test drive!
    Unlike my RX8,the STi has no warranty,so I can feel free to 'mod the hell out of it with no regard to 'factory specs'.
    What's the best,first 'mod you can make?
    All right,enough of my questions,here's a few pictures of my rides.
    This looks like a great resource,I'm glad to be here!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8andbike.jpg.JPG   The New 05 Sti.jpg   STI.jpg   interior.jpg   seats.jpg  

Last edited by STiXXX; 09-21-2007 at 06:05 PM.
    When life hands you lemons,force induction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks sweet, you may end up driving that more then the RX-8.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Yeah,this STi's not bad,for stock.
    Now I just have to figure which $5K worth of 'mods (the initial 'mod budget) will make it a real pants-sh*tter.
    I wanted silver,but the deal on this black STi was so good,I couldn't pass it up.
    My friends say I'll sell the RX8 after I get heavy into the STi-two told me that yesterday,when I called to tell 'em I bought the car.
    We'll see,I owned a 1980 RX-7,the 8 was somewhat a nostalgia purchase,and outside of the heinous gas milage (16,beating it around town) it's been a blast to drive and own.
    (The rotary engine's a bit technical and over-the-top to modify,the STi promises to be a bit simpler,imo-)
    Has anybody got a overall,general best-parts site to shop for STi 'mods?
    This promises to be fun.....
    When life hands you lemons,force induction.

congrats
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Nice
    New England F4

Congrats on the STi!

I was going to buy an RX-8 myself, but the northeast demands something more versatile. But those mazda rx's are a BLAST to drive.

Try taking the STi to stage 2, from what I hear and felt that's a sweet setup. I don't have an STi myself, but you'll figure out what stage 2 consists of over time. Should be easy and relatively cheap. HAVE FUN!
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You will need to get some winter tires for that bad boy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

awd or not if you have z tires on that badboy youll be using a tree as an ebrake this winter. get some good rubbers and get thru the cold
    "Whatever it takes"

Gotta love a black STi. $5k for a mod budget should serve you well. Do some research. The STi is superior to the RX-8 in most ways, sell the 8, invest proceeds into STi. BTW, you'll need alot of wax.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

if you have stock tires on that bad boy, definitely invest in some good winter tires. AWD or not the stock tires are like ice-skates on snow.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to da club!
    Stage II and loving it!

I Support ClubWRX

Thumbs up

Welcome to the Club!

The STi looks sweet!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

That is one sweet ride mate.
    Black is the new silver, lol Push it hard and
    keep the mods coming! Enjoy your new toy and
    Welcome to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by independent 68 View Post
    awd or not if you have z tires on that badboy youll be using a tree as an ebrake this winter. get some good rubbers and get thru the cold

Usually works with my girl during the winter too

Kingofparts.com
    fastwrx.com
    jscspeed.com
    rallysportdirect.com

all reputable sites. Personal favorite is king of parts because they are good people (they all are, but Tristan at KOP is a friend of mine)

Downpipe and engine management are the simplest starters for upping the power.

Searching these forums will be your best friend cause there is TONS of info on that subject. Goodluck and enjoy dude!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    Welcome

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Check out J's &#252;ber informative sig link << (click me)
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 11-01-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.