Hello,I Just Bought a 2005 STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello,I Just Bought a 2005 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; welcome, sti has only 300 torque not 330. Also idk what kinda tires they have on that thing but the ...

welcome, sti has only 300 torque not 330. Also idk what kinda tires they have on that thing but the stockers will not be any help for you in the snow. Lots of threads about first mods including a sticky, check em out, they'll help you out. Most people go with an exhaust system + reflash. oh and have fun with it.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good Bridgestone RE050's on right now,I'll get full winter tires (Maine) and next summer go to a fresh,new set of RE050A Pole Position rubber.
    For now,am gonna' have fun shredding these 050's before the tire switch in November-I pick up the car tomorrow at noon!
    When life hands you lemons,force induction.

Welcome, this site and IWSTi.com will be very helpful on your search for good mods.

I just registered there,thanks!

Added Today:

Sparco seat belt pads
    GReddy radiator cap

Ordered:
    (And to be installed next week-)

HKS Carbon-Ti cat-back exhaust
    HKS Downpipe
    HKS Intake (Stainless)

Next:
    Cobb Accessport

I picked up the car Saturday,so it's off to a quick start. I also put my RX-8 in storage.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STI-GIF.gif  

So now the question is,how much HP do I stand to gain from HKS Carbon-Ti cat-back exhaust,the HKS Downpipe,and the HKS Intake?

New STi pics momentarily

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiXXX View Post
    So now the question is,how much HP do I stand to gain from HKS Carbon-Ti cat-back exhaust,the HKS Downpipe,and the HKS Intake?

New STi pics momentarily
    These numbers are a complete guess:
    DP = +16hp
    CBE = +3.5hp
    Intake = +2.5hp
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks,I wonder what the actual specs are,am having a hard time getting real-world numbers for each of these 'mods on an STi.

More pictures.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soobie.JPG   soobie (2).JPG   soobie (3).JPG   soobie (4).JPG   soobie (5).JPG  

soobie (6).JPG  
    Last edited by STiXXX; 09-24-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Ordered today:

Hawk Ceramic Pads F/R
    Powerslot Rotors F/R
    Bridgestone Blizzaks,225/45/VR17

That's about $3200 in 24 hours,perhaps it's a good time to take a breath,eh?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd just take one more step and get that Cobb AP, then you should be good for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Ying View Post
    I'd just take one more step and get that Cobb AP, then you should be good for a while
    diffently buy the accessport!!!

Aw,what the heck.....

Added:
    COBB Billet Aluminum Double-Adjustable Shifter
    &
    COBB Shifter Bushings

I'll get to the AccessPort,soon enough,will first install these 'mods.

I'm never satisfied with 'stock' anything,I'm always looking to improve whatever I'm driving.
    I was gonna' buy a 2008 Toyota 4WD XtraCab,but figured this'll be a bit more,um,fun.
    So,far,so good.
    Last edited by STiXXX; 09-26-2007 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STiXXX View Post
    Added:
    COBB Billet Aluminum Double-Adjustable Shifter
    &
    COBB Shifter Bushings

I'll get to the AccessPort,soon enough,will first install these 'mods.

I'm never satisfied with 'stock' anything,I'm always looking to improve whatever I'm driving.
    I was gonna' buy a 2008 Toyota 4WD XtraCab,but figured this'll be a bit more,um,fun.
    So,far,so good.

With out the access port you are actually starting the modding the wrong way...I mean from the reverse order, you will not realize the HP gains without some sort of an engine management. With the Cobb AP for example you'll reflash and delete the check engine lights when you remove the cats, I know its minor but it would bug the hell out of me if I saw the check engine light on all the time. The intake for example might give you HP loss actually if your ecu is not mapped for it. I am not trying to be mean but you should have done minor research on this site other then just ordering the parts. However order the AP first, once you'll have that then install the parts and throw on the correct Access map that also includes a tune for that intake. These cars are not like all the other honda 4 bangers where simply adding an intake will give you some HP, slapping parts carelessly will give you a worse performing and less reliable car overall. Pretty soon you'll get misfires and trouble codes that would be avoided if you do the mods in the correct way. So a recap to the engine mods the way they shoud be done

1st make sure you don't get a BOV , 2nd order AP, 3rd once the AP is there add the downpipe, and the CAT back then reflash the ECU to stg 2, or search for a correct map for adding the intake and then add the intake and reflash to stg 2. Once you do that you will have a very happy Stg2 STI all the other mods you listed can be installed in no particular order, although tires could have waited till at least late November, pads only if you needed them. Since you had 5k to spend your money might have been better spent on a better turbo but that's just my silly opinion. Good luck and have fun.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Let's see.....The COBB intake,endlinks,short-shifter and bushings are all otw,and a Cusco rear swaybar & poly bushings are in the box,awaiting install.
    The HKS downpipe and carbon-ti exhaust is on,and at the same time,I added an HKS turbo timer & a Sard Trigger (JDM) boost controller /gauge setup.
    By this time next week,it'll all be installed,assuming that COBB has everything in stock to ship.
    The exhaust is loud as hell,but fun.
    It's kinda' nice,gettin' rid of the catalytic con-ver-tuh,when I do the headers I'll do an up-pipe and that'll be the end of that.
    The V-rated Blizzaks run a bit rough, (rally-style,lol!) on dry pavement,but that's due to change in about six weeks,give or take.

So far,so good.

New Pics.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SobiePics.JPG   SobiePics (2).JPG   SobiePics (3).JPG   SobiePics (4).JPG   SobiePics (5).JPG  

SobiePics (6).JPG   SobiePics (7).JPG   SobiePics (8).JPG   SobiePics (9).JPG   SobiePics (10).JPG  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.