Hi everyone, just bought a 2008 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi everyone, just bought a 2008 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! Thought I would take a moment to introduce myself... My name is Desiree I just bought a Blue ...

Hi everyone, just bought a 2008 wrx

Hey everyone!

Thought I would take a moment to introduce myself...

My name is Desiree I just bought a Blue Mica 2008 4d WRX (manual, of course) this past Sunday. I used to drive a 2005 VW GLI but my dad sells Subarus and I thought it was time for an upgrade. I don't know much about Subarus but I'm excited to learn and start making mods to the car. I went out today and bought some gutter grill for the scoop...theni did some research on the forum and saw that a few people had suggested it. It was a relief to see I made a good decision! Well, I live in the south FL area, i look forward to seeing a lot of you on the road. I hope I don't get any "thumbs down" though!

-des

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, pics please
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

pics

thanks ! I'll post pics as soon as I upload them (by tomorrow I'm sure)

Welcome to the club
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Congrats on the car. Welcome.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome. +1 for pics
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Is it a hatch or sedan?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

the pics i have

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome. +1 for pics
    Hey all,

these are the only pics i have. theyre from the day i picked my car up. i've tinted the car all around since then. sorry about the bumper being cut off in the side shot. i'll have more after i give it a wash! enjoy:

Nice ride, I got the same thing but in white.
    Enjoy it!!
    2008 WRX Pearl White

europlate ?

I was wondering....

my last two cars have been european (vw, volvo) and i had euro plates on them. My VW was my fav (i know, i know) and it was blue and had a plate that said "BluPast U". I'd love to get something similar (if not the same one) on my wrx. I know at VW meets/get togethers it was a hit, but i'm not sure how it will be embraced in the subaru world! Hahaha, i know it may sound silly to even ask...but what do you all think? I'd appreciate all of your input!

Thanks!
    des

Quote Originally Posted by LV08WRX View Post
    Nice ride, I got the same thing but in white.
    Enjoy it!!
    Thank you! Likewise!

You can get "Japanese style" plates. I wouldnt use a Euro plate on a Japanese car. But its up to you.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    You can get "Japanese style" plates. I wouldnt use a Euro plate on a Japanese car. But its up to you.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Question scoop issue

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with another little issue i've run into. I've seen quite a few threads on here about scoop grills/screens. I went out and bought some gutter grill b/c i already have come into some damage to the IC (sigh, i know, in 1 week) from what i imagine to be pebbles getting into the scoop while I'm on the highway. I am not too sure about the best way to go about installing the grill, but most importantly I'm not at all certain about how to get the scoop out to begin with! I'm guessing I would take the rubber part out from underneath the hood and remove it that way, I would just hate to do any damage. I found a thread on scooby mods, but it was for an 02 and the description of the hoop removal doesn't mirror the way I think I'd have to go at this 2008 model. Any help is appreciated, hate to be annoying! thanks to anyone who can provide me with some info!

Quote Originally Posted by russanod View Post
    Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with another little issue i've run into. I've seen quite a few threads on here about scoop grills/screens. I went out and bought some gutter grill b/c i already have come into some damage to the IC (sigh, i know, in 1 week) from what i imagine to be pebbles getting into the scoop while I'm on the highway. I am not too sure about the best way to go about installing the grill, but most importantly I'm not at all certain about how to get the scoop out to begin with! I'm guessing I would take the rubber part out from underneath the hood and remove it that way, I would just hate to do any damage. I found a thread on scooby mods, but it was for an 02 and the description of the hoop removal doesn't mirror the way I think I'd have to go at this 2008 model. Any help is appreciated, hate to be annoying! thanks to anyone who can provide me with some info!

I just got mine a week ago, what kinda damage we talking here, got a pic?
    2008 WRX Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by LV08WRX View Post
    I just got mine a week ago, what kinda damage we talking here, got a pic?
    i'll have pics tomorrow...i recommend it if you drive on the highway at least...nothing major, but nothing you'd want to experience!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.