New 04 WRX owner!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 04 WRX owner!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! I'm Ryan and I'm a proud new owner of an '04 Subaru WRX! It came with a few ...

Wink New 04 WRX owner!!

Hello everyone! I'm Ryan and I'm a proud new owner of an '04 Subaru WRX! It came with a few goodies for me, which the dealer had no record of, so I'll have to throw 'er on the lift and see what other goodies are hiding from me. I know it at least has:

- Cheap-@$$ air intake
    - Greddy Turbo Timer
    - Autometer Sport Comp Boost Gauge
    - Autometer Air/Fuel Gauge
    - ?Autometer? 3-gauge pillar pod
    - ?Apexi? N1 3" Cat back exhaust

I know the original owner (yes it was a 1-owner car) had a FMIC, Super AFC, and another gauge (probably EGT) at the least. Hope you like it!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

very cool

ya man i just got an 04 white as well. Mine was bought bone stock. I put on a Prodrive Axelback exhaust. I took off the snorkel (silencer). I guess the question I have and maybe you have the answer to is that when I took off my snorkel, i didnt see any reason for me to have my intake on either. It would have just sucked air into my wheel well ya know. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking that perhaps I could cut off that bottom part of the snorkle. (the part that is doing the silencing) and tape off the cut off end. that way i will still have the intake but i will not have the silencer.
    Last edited by KeithWRX; 08-28-2007 at 10:20 PM.

i'd just leave it how it is and get an aftermarket intake after you do some more upgrades or get the silencer delete from fastwrx.com.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by alottaboost View Post
    i'd just leave it how it is and get an aftermarket intake after you do some more upgrades or get the silencer delete from fastwrx.com.
    Aftermarket intakes are touchy...SPT or K&N Typhoon are the ones to look at if any really (Cobb and Perrin aren't horrible either). Other than that, stock airbox is pretty much the best you can have. Silencer delete is a good option as well.

And to Keith, it sounds like you might be mixed up with the silencer delete...the actual silencer/snorkus IS the big apparatus that goes into the fender/wheel well. The thing on the front is the air scoop. The Snorkus delete from FastWRX.com is the piece that connects the ram air scoop directly to the airbox through the holes into the fender wall in the engine bay.

Hey Alottaboost...it does look like your car is lowered as well...take a look at your suspension setup. Check and see if you have a DP on there as well, cause if you do...you gotta make sure you get some engine management working quickly.

And welcome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Definitely looks like an HKS short ram you got on there...just for the record. I love my 04 by the way-- best year out there IMO. I see you also go the sunroof/moonroof package-- pretty rare.

welcome to the forums! nice rex

Thanks everybody! I'm gonna take a closer look at this thing next time I get it on the lift. A few questions for you though:

- My boost seems to go 16-7-16-7-16-7 throughout the RPM range, any idea what's causing the spurattic boost changes? (it does have the full TBE, on closer inspection)

- Do you guys recommend Royal Purple oil? I heard it's one of the best and I'm getting a great deal on a case (BOGO free!)

- Does the o2 sensor mod (using anti-foulers) actually work to get rid of P0420 on these cars?

I Support ClubWRX
    - My boost seems to go 16-7-16-7-16-7 throughout the RPM range, any idea what's causing the spurattic boost changes?
    I'm not sure what that means. What kind of boost gauge do you have?
    - Do you guys recommend Royal Purple oil? I heard it's one of the best and I'm getting a great deal on a case (BOGO free!)
    I just use mobil 1 but free is free.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

it's like it's reaching full boost, but the bcs seems to just open and close at will, making the boost go all over the place. I have an Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge that IS working properly. I know this because the hose at the turbo nipple blew off and I was running 19 psi for a few secs and it was holding fine, but when hooked back up, same problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.