selling stang for an sti 56k warning
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on selling stang for an sti 56k warning within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi my name is Dustin and im going to be selling my stang for an STI. I saw one at ...

selling stang for an sti 56k warning

Hi my name is Dustin and im going to be selling my stang for an STI. I saw one at the track and ive been eyeing them for about 2 years now. Im a paint technician for honda. I also been doing cars and airbrush for about 8 years. I figured out I want an 05 STI, and found one in cincinnati. I was kind of hoping that you guys that went from a stang to a STI can give me the pros cons. Going to ***** some pics out of my car before i start trying to sell her .

Mods were 4.10 rearend
    Magnaflow magnapacks with hpipe
    SCT tune
    18 inch cobra r rims
    h and r supersport springs
    pro 5.0 shifter
    speedcal
    painted stripes on it
    If any of you guys have had something close to this in a mustang and now drive an STI I would appreciate some advice Im having a hard time getting motivated to sell it.

Thanks Dustin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome.

Nice pics of the Mustang. I've never had a mustang but I have had both an STi and a Charger SRT8 so I do have a couple of observations you should consider:
    • At first, you WILL miss the beefy & more immediate low end torque in daily driving situations of larger displacement Mustang.
    • You will love the fact that you don't have to baby the STi in rain and will start looking forward to snow.
    • At first you will miss the deep, throaty exhaust note of the Mustang.
    • You will love the way the STi takes the corners.
    • If you realize that smoking tires is all flash and gets you absolutely nowhere fast, you will love the STi even more.
    • You will love the boxer rumble (it is sweet).
    • After some time you will probably never want another mustang again especially if you go stage 2 in an STi.
    Last edited by TheJ; 08-23-2007 at 05:11 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    After some time you will probably never want another mustang again especially if you go stage 2 in an STi.
    +300000000!!!!
    Stage II and loving it!

Thats another thing that sucks about the mustang and the 4.10 gears. The snow in ohio lol. I was thinking instead of storing the mustang and buying a truck. To put all my money into 1 vehicle which will save money on insurance as well. Plus I have a kid so 4 door helps out. Plus its fast from what ive seen at the track. So its like a win/win situation on everything. I can drive in the winter, dont have to struggle with putting the kid in the mustang, better gas mileage then 7 miles to the gallon, plus the biggest thing is TURBO. I know about what the average person does about it. Its time to step to the darkside and put away the nitrous and old muscle car feel to get into new technology. I messed with nitrous in the mustang time to figure out what this boost is all about.

Thanks for the replys,
    Dustin

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

While the STi is no minivan you definitely will enjoy going from two doors to four, since you have a child.

The biggest thing is, when you are accustom to the larger displacement, it does take a little getting used to how the STi's power band works. You won't feel things in the same places on your tach. Sometimes it may seem slow and other times you'll be like "holy crap!" lol. However, unless your goal is to make a +600hp track monster, I think you'll be VERY happy with the STi. Like I said, once you get used to it, you probably won't want to go back to a mustang ever.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

So is there any tricks if i get a bonestock STI thats never been molested that i can do to up the boost or any kind of air silencer? Im guessing there is a thread some where here about stuff you can do right when you get the STI without paying much cash to make it faster.

I Support ClubWRX
    Click the first link in my sig and check the links. There should be a couple on first mods.
    -The J

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.