noob question.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on noob question. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to the forums as you can see. I tried searching for this topic but couldn't find it, I'm ...

noob question.

I'm new to the forums as you can see. I tried searching for this topic but couldn't find it, I'm sure it's been discussed..

Well, I'm on the market of gettin a car and the AWD, 4 door, decent hp of the WRX appeals to me. My query is how much would it cost to upgrade the WRX to be as fast as the STi?

I could easily find a 04/05 WRX in my area for about $16k, then why should I invest in an STi that costs >$25k when I could add to my WRX to make it just as fast. Yea i know the whole argument.."if you add blah blah to STi it'll be faster..." I'll be satisfied w/ WRX pushing near 300hp, since it will also be used as a DD. Will reliability be an issue at 300hp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by caloybakalboy View Post
    I'm new to the forums as you can see. I tried searching for this topic but couldn't find it, I'm sure it's been discussed..

Well, I'm on the market of gettin a car and the AWD, 4 door, decent hp of the WRX appeals to me. My query is how much would it cost to upgrade the WRX to be as fast as the STi?

I could easily find a 04/05 WRX in my area for about $16k, then why should I invest in an STi that costs >$25k when I could add to my WRX to make it just as fast. Yea i know the whole argument.."if you add blah blah to STi it'll be faster..." I'll be satisfied w/ WRX pushing near 300hp, since it will also be used as a DD. Will reliability be an issue at 300hp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome.1) The STi is worth it.2) To go "as fast as" is a little ambiguous. Chances are the low end torque, better handling and sweet six speed are just some of what you will miss trying to just 'go as fast as' the STi from a 04/05 WRX.3) All this said you can go stage 2 for under a $1000 on a 04/05 WRX and have a VERY FUN and reliable DD car for much less then the price of the STi. This sounds like the path for you if you are lacking the funds for the STi.
    Last edited by TheJ; 08-22-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

thanks for your reply. yea my question was sort of vague, but yea i just want to attain the same #'s as the STI as far as hp/tq. i have already began to read up on cobb stage 2 kit, sounds very promising. i will search more for info on that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

There's more to cars than HP and TQ. Better suspension, brakes, "looks", etc. I say test drive the two and then think about it.

Oh and welcome.

What's up everyone?

I'm new to this forum, but I've been on NASIOC for some time now. To address your question, I just traded in my Stg2 04 WRX for an 07 STI, and I have to say that it was the wise decision. My WRX was pushing around 300whp (including cobb swaybars, koni struts, and eibach springs), and was a lot of fun to drive. The STI I just got, however, feels just as powerful as my WRX was (although there is more low end torque) and so far it handles just as well. I had some reservations about trading in my WRX (which I had invested a good amount of $$$ into), but after a few days with the STI I can see that I made the right choice.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.