Looking in to an WRX?? know a lil of what i want to do.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking in to an WRX?? know a lil of what i want to do. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well to start off i never could see myself in an wrx i've been a Honda man and then i ...

Question Looking in to an WRX?? know a lil of what i want to do.

Well to start off i never could see myself in an wrx i've been a Honda man and then i drove a evo fell in love with it then times get hard now iam selling my civic to give money to help my mom out. But i drove to the subaru del. we have here and the guy was like what qould u like i knoe that i can get the sti but i have to many speeding tickets to cover the cost of inss. so i drove the 06 WRX and well i love the tq that the car has. Well now i have to say that it has my respect. But i have been looking for some turbo-back and some good headers to go with the car. the turbo-back that iam looking at is the tanabe full turbo back. ON headers iam lost as to what would be the best. This is going to be more of a drag car but then we have some spot down the road were we can drift and do some track racing to so what would be the best all around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

1) Welcome to the site.

2) Try typing in proper english whenever possible, if you don't mind... I honestly find it very difficult reading some of your post.

3) I'm not of the belief that headers are really worth it on a WRX. Click the first link in my signature for some links to a bunch of good info. Opinions on brands of TBE vary so take your pick.

4) I would really advise you do more research before you jump in to the WRX. Evaluate your goals. Although it can be really fun to auto-cross, 1/4 mile, etc. I would not try 'drifting' an AWD car and I don't think you'll find many fans of it here. The WRX is not really a track monster. It does a lot of things really well. It's a nice balance but it isn't really 'the best' for some things.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club.

So, lemme get this straight..........

- you can't get an STi because you can't afford the insurance due to a lot of speeding tickets, so....
    - you look at a WRX, which is cheaper, but you're also looking to mod it to be just about as fast as an STi, and....
    - you've admitted that you're going to probably do some street racing, stupid by the way, even if it's just "drifting".

I think you should stick with the civic except keep it stock. I don't think that you need any car that can get you into more trouble than you've already gotten into in the past. My $.02.

Oh, and good luck drifting in an AWD car if you end up getting the WRX anyway.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Welcome.

+1 and 2 to both of those posts.

there is a shop here that can make it RWD, and the place that we can drift is at the drag strip they have roads that go around it for people that want to drift. And as for goals, 350 hp is good for me. The speeding tickets i got was not from street racing, most were from being really late to work.

Why not just start with a RWD car. It'll be expensive to convert s WRX (if you do it right) and the major benefit of the WRX is the AWD.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

i was just saying if i wanted to i could, but i think iam goingto stick to what i've been doing drag, track, and some dirt roads.

Why does everyone wanna drift AWD cars now?

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Why does everyone wanna drift AWD cars now?
    oh COME ON!!! EVERYONE is doing it!!!!

wow....Im at a loss for words on this one...this is exactly why people like this should NOT drive a WRX, and, people like this makes our insurance the way it is...HIGH! Stick with your Honda

Quote Originally Posted by parat75 View Post
    wow....Im at a loss for words on this one...this is exactly why people like this should NOT drive a WRX, and, people like this makes our insurance the way it is...HIGH! Stick with your Honda
    lol his insurance will still be high. Hondas and Acuras are known for high insurance premiums. and believe it or not, but when i went to get quotes for the WRX and EVO, turns out it cost less then my RSX-S that i'm currently driving.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.