I'm New
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I'm New within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to this forum but I am a previous WRX owner. I had an '03 WRX Wagon and it ...

I'm New

I'm new to this forum but I am a previous WRX owner. I had an '03 WRX Wagon and it was great. I had to trade it in to get my wifes current car. I've been through a handful of 240SXs (one SR powered) and am now driving a 2007 Honda Civic Si. My Si is really fun for a FWD car but I plan to trade it in for an Impreza in the not too distant future.

I'm really torn between the old '02-'03 WRXs and these new STis. When I bought my WRX I couldn't afford an STi so I didn't consider one. Now that I have the income to support such a buy I am seriously thinking of picking one up. Such decisions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

man sounds like ur doing prooty good just bought ur wife a car and urself a 2007 civic si and now thinking of trading it in for an STI well Gl to u dud welcome to the club

Quote Originally Posted by therussiann View Post
    man sounds like ur doing prooty good just bought ur wife a car and urself a 2007 civic si and now thinking of trading it in for an STI well Gl to u dud welcome to the club
    Thanks boss!

STI all the way. Trust me. BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dubrexsti View Post
    STI all the way. Trust me. BIG difference.
    Hah, love the emphasis on "BIG". Thanks for the advice. I am leaning toward the STi because of the great performance "out of the box". The only thing that keeps me wanting a bug-eye WRX is the style of them. They look smaller and more nimble not to mention I love the bug-eyes. I'm a very lazy guy so I may just end up with an STi rather than having to build up an '02-'03 :P

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ender View Post
    The only thing that keeps me wanting a bug-eye WRX is the style of them. They look smaller and more nimble
    02-03 and 04-05 are the same size. The reason the bugeyes look smaller is because the STi wing thoughts off the proportions
    The STi is more nimble.

Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    02-03 and 04-05 are the same size. The reason the bugeyes look smaller is because the STi wing thoughts off the proportions
    The STi is more nimble.

Welcome to the forum
    Interesting, I guess I never looked at it from that perspective. I always thought the bug-eyes looked smaller because the front and seems more narrow. The giant headlights on the '04-'05 models just throw me off. Thanks for the welcome!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.