I'm new in this site and i just got my STI 2007
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm new in this site and i just got my STI 2007 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just wanna say hello to everyone....

I'm new in this site and i just got my STI 2007

I just wanna say hello to everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Jen!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

welcome

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats on the new scooby sti
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hi,what color did you get ?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Welcome...2007 STIs are aweome

Hell...all WRXs/STIs/2.5s are awesome
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Welcome!!
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Smile This is the picture of my STI 2007

I have the following question to ask:

1.) Why is it that 2007 has only 293 hp @ 6,000 rpm ,Torque: 290 lb-ft @ 4,400 rpm while 2005 has 300 hp?

2.) How many seconds to count before i can turn off the engine ?

3.)How many required kilometers to break-in? coz the manual in 2007 says 1,600 kilometers but for 2005 its only 4,000 kilometers.

Thanks and i'm from TORONTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Kazama View Post

I have the following question to ask:

1.) Why is it that 2007 has only 293 hp @ 6,000 rpm ,Torque: 290 lb-ft @ 4,400 rpm while 2005 has 300 hp?

2.) How many seconds to count before i can turn off the engine ?

3.)How many required kilometers to break-in? coz the manual in 2007 says 1,600 kilometers but for 2005 its only 4,000 kilometers.

Thanks and i'm from TORONTO.
    1) SAE ratings are now a little different than previous years which rated it at 300hp/300tq even. There is no actually change in power at all, just rated differently. It has even been documented that our 07 STIs might just be a bit quicker, or at least more adaptive to any potential mods (more adaptive ECU, redesigned heads for cooling efficiency)

2) Our turbos are oil cooled and actually quite efficient at self cooling...some say you don't need to wait at all, but some also say if you're doing some hard driving...just give it like 30 seconds tops to keep the oil flowing for a bit to help cool...so in essence, its up to you

3) Break in is also a debated issue. In the US, the manual says break in period is to 1000 miles (roughly 1650km for you). Follow that IMO because its what the manual (and my dealer) suggested, not taking it over 4,000rpms. Others will say to drive it like you stole it right off the lot because thats the driving style it will get used to...personally, its up to you because there is little evidence for, or against either particular way.

4) Best of all...enjoy the ride!

Any modification plans?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Thanks for the explanation Mikie13. After my Break-In ,I will do my modification like COLDAIR INTAKE, RACE HEADERS and EXHAUST . I dont know yet what kind ( BRAND NAME )of headers and Exhaust i will buy coz STI its different car though , lots of things to learn in manual , research some tips. Thanks

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    You may also want to check these guys out since from from TO
    Scooby Performance goodies
    http://www.lachutesubaru.com/EN/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Kazama View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Mikie13. After my Break-In ,I will do my modification like COLDAIR INTAKE, RACE HEADERS and EXHAUST . I dont know yet what kind ( BRAND NAME )of headers and Exhaust i will buy coz STI its different car though , lots of things to learn in manual , research some tips. Thanks
    Definitely do your research...Intakes aren't necessary...just possibly a snorkus delete or if any intake, the SPT intake. Race headers aren't really necessary because they flow stock, is actually pretty good. Its just more hassel than its worth unless you are building a complete race car.

If you want to build power off the bat...research engine management (accessports, Utecs) and Downpipes/Turboback Exhausts. That will bring you to Stage 2 which is the most common and cost efficient way to add the most power, aftermarket.

However on Nasioc...there were a couple threads going around on which 07 STI limiteds were protuned after going Turboback exhaust and headers, making 320hp/340tq to the wheels...those are great numbers for anything before a turbo swap...

Heed warnings of Blow off valves and Manual Boost Controllers (unless you get tuned specifically for them!)

Searching and researching is your best friend

This link will help you learn about your STI dramatically: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787

Smile

Did anybody got there $2,500 STI Club Card Privileges? Do they send by mail?
    coz Iím still waiting until now. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.