NEW HERE .. 3 months into my WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW HERE .. 3 months into my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey, how ya doin- sal here. new to the club. like to say whats up to all the subie owners-- ...

Cool NEW HERE .. 3 months into my WRX

hey, how ya doin- sal here. new to the club. like to say whats up to all the subie owners-- just a quick general question to see if anyone has faced this alredy.

i ordered my megan racing downpipe and cat-back exhaust system on aug 3, 2007-- its now aug 16th and still no exhaust. has anyone else waited this long for an exhaust? and there is such a retarded story to go with this, im just so pissed to repeat it. isnt there a law that they cant charge your credit card until the package is shipped with a tracking #??

here also a link to my car if u guys wanna take a looks.. nice meetin everyone! stay turbo'd!

Sal~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club, Sal!

Yes, it can take that long. Especially since you ordered on a Friday. Many places won't process Friday orders until Monday so that makes it take/seem longer, right off the bat. What was the lead time they quoted you when you purchased?

No there is no federal law like that. Nor is there a local law like that in the states where I've lived (many). Although it's not uncommon for places to not charge a CC until they are ready to ship, there is nothing requiring them to wait. You always have the right to dispute the charge with your CC company. They will generally reverse a charge if the vendor can not produce some proof of goods/services rendered.

Where's the link?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Red face

i believe when i called the middle of the following week, they told me it was goin out end of the week, no trackin #- i called for it, they told me it was sent back b/c it was damaged. ok cool, so UPS found a defect be4 it was sent to NJ. keep calling to see when it will be shipped again.. no answer. the rep from prostreetonline.com told me he spoke with a manager there and bascially his client contact at megan was telling his b/s stories. nothing was ever shipped! the manager at megan racing told the rep from prostreet it was goin out sometime next week, wednesday or thursday and he will call me with the tracking #--

thanks for the c/c info there..

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrximpreza View Post
    i believe when i called the middle of the following week, they told me it was goin out end of the week, no trackin #- i called for it, they told me it was sent back b/c it was damaged. ok cool, so UPS found a defect be4 it was sent to NJ. keep calling to see when it will be shipped again.. no answer. the rep from prostreetonline.com told me he spoke with a manager there and bascially his client contact at megan was telling his b/s stories. nothing was ever shipped! the manager at megan racing told the rep from prostreet it was goin out sometime next week, wednesday or thursday and he will call me with the tracking #--

thanks for the c/c info there..
    So they never gave you a lead time just a ship time?

I'm guessing you ordered it from somebody that has to order it from somebody else... They told you it was damaged in shipping... most likely that means it was damaged being shipped to them (discovered when they received it) so they couldn't then turn around and ship it to you. Of course they could be lying to cover up for them dropping an order but often there is more to the story...
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    Typical vendor BS.

When we were building project bugeye, the credit card was charged, delivery time was quoted to be 3-5 business days, and our body kit showed up 2 months later!!!
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the club!

Best of luck with the TBE order!

By your username I assume you have a 2004 WRX?
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-17-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.Hope you get everything worked out.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Post follow-up on the TBE order-- MEGAN RACING system, CANCELLED!

so it can come down to me cancelling my order. i called yesterday 8/21 and was told another 3 weeks on the downpipe, and another week on the cat-back?? shudnt it be sent all once? haha. so i cancelled it. waiting for the credit to be put back.. after that, i will be contacting precision tuning in brick, nj- to order my HKS downpipe, cat-back, and perrin uppipe- hopefully everything goes to plan- keep ya tuned for result-

I Support ClubWRX
    I hope you have better luck.

Be aware, credit to a CC can take some time to actually show up and be available for you to use, especially if it was on a debit card (sometimes 5-9 "business" days from when the credit is processed by the merchant it depends on the card company)...
    -The J

thanx J--

yeah i know about the credit issue alredy. ive dealt with another company, boostbuddy, and had the same issue.. it was like 2 business days be4 i saw the credit so.. its ok no rush on it.. i think right now i need some time away from ordering parts.. lol.

Question

has anyone heard anything about the HKS downpipe?? im seeing reviews that its like the stock one?

Post HELIX--- any good?

im thinkin of a Helix TBE.. anyone see any reviews on em or have one personally and can comment? only review i can find on it was from 2005. haha. my uppipe pretty much has been decided. and from people that have followed my megan TBE issues from earlier, the credit is back on the c/c-- now i can spend it again. lol. thanks- please help-

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrximpreza View Post
    im thinkin of a Helix TBE.. anyone see any reviews on em or have one personally and can comment? only review i can find on it was from 2005. haha. my uppipe pretty much has been decided. and from people that have followed my megan TBE issues from earlier, the credit is back on the c/c-- now i can spend it again. lol. thanks- please help-
    Glad you got stuff sorted out! From what Ive heard, Helix Dp's dont fit very well. Ive heard alot of people complaining that theyve had to move crossmembers, unbolt the cat back, move it around, etc. Are you looking for catless or catted? Ive heard alot of great things about Titek. Guaranteed fitment policy. I bought one (catted) but I havent installed it. Its pretty light, looks AWESOME. All the welds and everything are top-notch! I got mine at a really great deal too through a vendor on a website that some people call NABISCO...i think you can figure that one out Good luck with whatever you decide...just remember, research 90%, purchase 10%!!!

cool. thanks for the heads up. looks like ill be goin with the TURBOXS TBE w/high flow cat- i found a vendor that sells it for a very good price. also perrine uppipe..the uppipe has been the easiest decision for me..stay tuned!

sweet! Glad to help! Keep us updated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast