Intro... few questions for ya
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Intro... few questions for ya within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just stopping in hoping to see what everyone can tell me... I'm getting married in June and the payments on ...

Intro... few questions for ya

Just stopping in hoping to see what everyone can tell me... I'm getting married in June and the payments on my VW are a little much with the other expenses, so I can pickup a yellow 2003 WRX with an automatic transmission for next to nothing... whats everyones take on this? Do it or not?

Heres what I'm coming from... 2003 Jetta 1.8t, chipped, suspension, etc etc, 5-speed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck getting it for next to nothing.....yellow wrx's are somewhat rare to begin with and finding it in an atuomatic might make them even more rare.... but hey you never no

Peachypumpkincheeks

Has this '03 WRX been modified in any way? Unless you are very mechanically inclined when it comes to turbo-charged Subarus, I wouldn't do it. Also a modded car is more likely to have been abused. How many miles on this WRX?

Furthermore, have you checked the insurance rates for the WRX? They are HIGH.

BTW, why are you an 'uberjerk'?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Has this '03 WRX been modified in any way? Unless you are very mechanically inclined when it comes to turbo-charged Subarus, I wouldn't do it. Also a modded car is more likely to have been abused. How many miles on this WRX?

Furthermore, have you checked the insurance rates for the WRX? They are HIGH.

BTW, why are you an 'uberjerk'?
    Unmodified, 12,000 miles, this is through a business deal, would be transferred under our company so insurance is not an issue.

I'm an uberjerk becuase I was banned on VWvortex and this was the only name I could think of that wasnt taken

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by uberjerk
    Unmodified, 12,000 miles, this is through a business deal, would be transferred under our company so insurance is not an issue.

I'm an uberjerk becuase I was banned on VWvortex and this was the only name I could think of that wasnt taken
    Well if in your eyes it's a good deal, the WRX has low mileage and is unmodified, and if insurance is not an issue...then go for it!!! But I warn you, automatic isn't as fun as manual!

P.S. Congrats on getting married, and good luck!

P.P.S. Just a forewarning: don't post p0rn, or you will be banned here too.

Should have said you already had one lined up....now i look like a jackass..lol...i would def. say go for it if you dont mind the auto

The Jetta looks good. Have fun with the WRX.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Thanks for the advice so far, how are the auto trannys on Subies? Can I mod this thing at all?

Pics for views:

Peachypumpkincheeks

Thanks for the advice so far, how are the auto trannys on Subies? Can I mod this thing at all?
    Of course you can! (And will! )

Here are some links I suggest you check out to give you an idea:
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

P.S. Nice lookin' VW!

I'm suprised no one asked this already. Why were you banned from VWvortex?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

::subscribing::
    I have a feeling this is gonna get good
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    ::subscribing::
    I have a feeling this is gonna get good
    Banned for needless comments and carrying on with other members, no biggy. Vortex moderators are nazis

Banned for needless comments and carrying on with other members, no biggy. Vortex moderators are nazis
    Hmmmm...if you like doing stuff like that, go over and visit NASIOC. That whole website is based on needless comments and members carrying on with other members. haha
    Maybe Nastysock needs some Vortex mods to come over there!
    I got banned from boxerworld (a dog forum) for reasons I still have no clue about. They are real forum Nazis. I didn't recieve a warning or anything. Oh well. Cest la vie!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Welcome. I would get a manual to be honist, much funner to drive!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Any more info that might help me make a decision? thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.