NOOB Here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NOOB Here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, Just bought a 2004 WRX last night (WR Blue) and am going to pick it up this coming ...

NOOB Here

Hey all,

Just bought a 2004 WRX last night (WR Blue) and am going to pick it up this coming Saturday. I've been out of the "tuner" scene for a while (used to have a Nissan Spec-V, drove a Dodge Ram for a while, now got the BOOST itch).

I have been searching the forum for about a week now and do have some questions about mods and whatnot.

I am looking to do a fairly simple first-time upgrade on this car (since I am buying it bone stock), and would like to know opinions about what to do/upgrade first. I am thinking about the Blitz NUR exhaust (looking for the "angled" style exhaust), some aftermarket BOV (no choice yet) and possibly the COBB AccessPort system. Any thoughts about these for initial upgrades? Any ideas of better initial upgrades that won't drain my wallet?

All advice is appreciated, CANNOT wait to start modding!!

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey mang welcome. Sounds like you're starting out pretty well. Do lots of searching and reading before you mod. You'll get exactly what you want and you'll know it will work.

BTW, to save money ditch the BOV. It does jack.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Welcome, lots of info here. Wagons rule, btw!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club... Enjoy your time here.

Lots of great info for ya. Search button is your friend.

Show us some pics soon...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Here are some links I suggest you check out:
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

+1 on pics of the subie!
    Last edited by Speedette; 03-15-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Thanks a ton guys (and girls?), I forgot to say that my WRX is a sedan, NO wagons here. Originally had the "Subaru Rally Team" vinyls on it but told the dealer to take all that garbage off....LOOKS RIDICULOUS!

I'm definitely hot on the trail of getting some springs, then some shoes as well.

Thanks

OK, since I am picking my car up tomorrow I have been doing a lot of thinking about the best way to go for my first spending on the new car....tell me what you all think...

Exhaust:
    - RS-R TBE with Helix up-pipe (if anyone knows a good place to find the FULL RS-R TBE I would appreciate the input. I found it on the JSCSpeed website but I think it's only a cat-back...am I wrong?)
    OR
    - TurboXS TBE with the TurboXS up-pipe

Engine Management:
    - Cobb AccessPort

Suspension:
    - Tein H-Tech springs

How does that look? Shouldn't cost too much money and I get the feeling that I will see a pretty substantial increase in performance.

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S. I will be sure to take some pictures once I get the car in my possession...CAN'T WAIT!!!

That is definitly a decent list of mods. Going straight to stage 2 will be fun.
    The h-techs look really good, not to low but just enogh for everyday driving.
    If you want something a little lower then look into cobbs springs.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

I thought about the Cobb springs but being in pothole heaven around this area, I'd like to have a little bit more clearance so I don't have to pick my front bumper up off the highway every month.

I may end up getting some Cusco sway bars and end links as well, at least for the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by REXtard04
    OK, since I am picking my car up tomorrow I have been doing a lot of thinking about the best way to go for my first spending on the new car....tell me what you all think...

Exhaust:
    - RS-R TBE with Helix up-pipe (if anyone knows a good place to find the FULL RS-R TBE I would appreciate the input. I found it on the JSCSpeed website but I think it's only a cat-back...am I wrong?)
    OR
    - TurboXS TBE with the TurboXS up-pipe

Engine Management:
    - Cobb AccessPort

Suspension:
    - Tein H-Tech springs

How does that look? Shouldn't cost too much money and I get the feeling that I will see a pretty substantial increase in performance.

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S. I will be sure to take some pictures once I get the car in my possession...CAN'T WAIT!!!
    There you go. Ditch the BOV and say with these mods. If you have to get a BOV, go stage two and stick with Cobb for the AP
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy and welcome to the club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Yeah, i've been reading up on the BOV quite a bit lately and gotten mixed feelings about what to use, if anything. I just LOVE the sound of it; I've got a buddy with a Stealth TT and the HKS SSQV, and another friend with the same car and a TurboXS RFL, it's like music to my ears.

I know there are issues with some BOV's but I may get one anyway, would the TurboXS RFL be ok to use or will it not work?

Leaving now to get the car, so I will be sure to take some pictures soon!!

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.