me new member/18/3rd car lol - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on me new member/18/3rd car lol within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by felo3769 You'll still have some rattling issues with the wrx Yeah but, I dunno, the tc has ...

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    You'll still have some rattling issues with the wrx
    Yeah but, I dunno, the tc has LOUD rattles =P The roof rattles bad, the hatch basically floats around,etc. Also I get massive wind howl from my leaking roof atm >< Taking it in for service tomorrow. Hesitant to have them drop the tranny out for my issues when I know im probably trading it anwyay :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yablargo, yes i remember you lol. I havent been on clubsciontc for a while.. but yeah il post some pics of the car when it stops raining here in sacramento.. there was a storm warning in stockon yesterday!! crazy hail... in cali! But yeah i did redline it once.. i only have 500 miles on her since sunday LOL i wanna reach 1000 before april. But yeah this car is very strong. I barley have to hit the gas *feather* it to make it move faster than my tC.. on the tC id have to hit the gas half way to get it going. No launches.. EVER. Im afraid to break the tranny. I tried to do the snorkus delete but i dont know where the snorkus exit at. Can anyone help? I loosened up the silencer/snorkus but its too big to come out of the fender well.. so do i pull it out /under the car? Is a axel back exhaust good enough for a rumble boxer sound or should i go for catback? Remember..im in cali lol cops everywhere. I just want that mean boxer sound. Im thinking of prodrive or turboxs rfl axle back. Any takes?

u're pretty fortunate to have a family willing to spot you on great cars like that. i was driving passed down Hyundai's and old school Civics until I went to college.

i really hope that you learned your lesson cause at 18 and living in Sac, i was driving around town like a mad man. that was without a fast car. it seems like street racing and massive speeding have somewhat decreased in Sac.

do you go to Florin High?

I went to burbank. graduated in 05 i now go to CRC college

haha.. cool sac ppl! i graduated kennedy 05, im at city now.

whoa i just removed the snorkus.. took me apprx 15-20 mins.. very easy mod. For these 2.5l turbo engines.. it sounds verrrry nice! It purrs louder than before bringing out the boxer engine. The Bov increasement was louder too. I love this car! i cant wait to do an axle back. I just want that boxer rumble and im set.

Quote Originally Posted by vietpunk916
    whoa i just removed the snorkus.. took me apprx 15-20 mins.. very easy mod. For these 2.5l turbo engines.. it sounds verrrry nice! It purrs louder than before bringing out the boxer engine. The Bov increasement was louder too. I love this car! i cant wait to do an axle back. I just want that boxer rumble and im set.
    got any instructions?
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

internet. I been reading about this car since day one of my eclipse ownership. Thats why i know alot of things about the wrx. =D reading is good. try it.

like one other guy said, you should look into a driving/racing school. at your pace, it will save your family some money in the long run

take our advice now and stay away from the I/B/M, intake / blow off / manual boost controller

if ur just looking for sound an axleback will do fine, but will free up next to 0 horsepower. changing out your whole turboback exhaust (downpipe to tip) will free up a good amount, maybe 15ish hp
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Will removing the muffler be too loud? will it have an effect against the rumble sound i want? or should i leave stock exhuast and delete the last cat leaving one cat only? I heard taking the 2nd cat will make it sound raspy.. is this true? I figure a axle back isnt worth getting if i just either remove the muffler and put a pipe there or just remove a cat.. im confused on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by vietpunk916
    Was the silencer white or black?
    Born Again Car Enthusiast

do you mind giving the rest of us instructions on how you got it all removed? pictures would be great too.
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Hey, i am Viet too (your username). Drive safe now.
    -Bruce

Born Again Car Enthusiast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.