just some basic questions

This is a discussion on just some basic questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok i am new here. i am in the market for a new car and i am just trying to ...

just some basic questions

ok i am new here. i am in the market for a new car and i am just trying to get some more info on an STi. right now i own a 2000 hyundai tiburon, not exactly in the same class as an STi. i just have a few simple questions to start with. what year did they start making the STi, what is the difference between all the years (meaning like what did they change each year), what is a good price for a used STi, and how reliable are these cars? thanks a lot and i am sure i will have more questions. thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well before i answer im gonna suggest you search because its gonna help you out alot more and in less time then its gonna take people to answer this thread as its been answered alot of time but here we go...

2004 first usdm sti came out 300hp turbo charged flat4 2.5 litre BLOBEYE style dont know then search that word
    2005 same style same everything...except different interior..a lil nicer so ive heard
    2006 completely restyled SLANTEYE i guess thats what they are calling it these days...new front end new interior same 300 horsepower turbocharged flat 4 2.5 litre engine

some hate some love the new 06 its all opinion...04-05 seem to have the consesus they are all around nice cars rarely anyone thinks they are ugly

as for reliability...subaru in general are japanese made cars that have been around for a long time rank up there with honda and toyota in many opinions...many upon many WRXs have gone well past 100k miles and still running...however with that said they are only 5 years old here in the states...but very very strong well made cars...