06 WrX hids?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 WrX hids? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I searched but found nothing... do 06 WrXs have hids? If not, what bulb should i buy to see more ...

06 WrX hids?

I searched but found nothing... do 06 WrXs have hids? If not, what bulb should i buy to see more road... and maybe a little blueish

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you had HIDs you should be able to tell. Chances are if you are unsure you don't. I know the TRs don't have HIDs, but I am unsure about the regular WRXs. Osram Silverstars are supposed to be the brightest bulb out there and the Sylvania Silverstars are pretty much the same thing with a tint to make them look white which also causes them to loss some light output. Normal bulbs with the bluish tint will give you less visibility because they achieve the blue color by blocking light.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

The WRX does not have HIDs but projector incandescent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

since they are projectors, would an hid conversion be easy? How about a '06 Sti bulb conversion?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

It will be about as difficult as any HID retrofit. Since projectors rely on a cut off to keep light out of other driver's eyes instead of correctly arranged reflectors, you wouldn't be blinding people. You still won't be getting optimum results though since the projectors were not meant for HIDs. I believe you can pick up just the projectors for a decent price though, much less than replacing the whole light assembly.

Here is a thread on NASIOC about the conversion (I don't know if any useful info is there) http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855929
    New England F4

205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

So projectors are better then regular lights every other car has? Or is that the same? If not then isnt it possible to just buy a higher projector bulb or whatever? Because i really cant see much with these stock ones, the highbeams are STRONG as hell but im not gona drive around with those on....

Quote Originally Posted by The An$wer
    So projectors are better then regular lights every other car has? Or is that the same? If not then isnt it possible to just buy a higher projector bulb or whatever? Because i really cant see much with these stock ones, the highbeams are STRONG as hell but im not gona drive around with those on....
    Eeehhh the projectors don't gain you much over anything else. Might focus the light better. I think I would start with a bulb upgrade before you start shelling out hundreds of bucks for HIDs.
    New England F4

While we are on the subject, anyone know what bulbs the 06' projectors take? Sizewise?

Quote Originally Posted by Slide
    While we are on the subject, anyone know what bulbs the 06' projectors take? Sizewise?
    H7 for low beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    I think I would start with a bulb upgrade before you start shelling out hundreds of bucks for HIDs.
    I disagree w/ you. You would have to pay $80 for a nice pair of PIAA & you'll be lucky if it lasts 1 year. I heard Osram Silverstar is nice but it's still about $40+ if I'm not mistaken & not available in U.S. I wouldn't bother w/ Sylvania Silverstar or anything off your local auto parts store.

I got OEM ballasts same ones from Lexus & Phillips D2S bulbs brand new off eBay for $288.88 & installed them on my Honda Pilot. Not as nice beam pattern as OEM Acura TL, but definately much brighter & helps my vision though.

Projector's with HID's are definitely an improvement over any halogen setup. The light that comes out is much sharper and brighter. I did a projector retorfit in one of my older car's and the difference is litereally night and day. My mom's cts has hid's as well and everytime I drive her car and get back into my wrx it feels like im driving without any lights. With that said, you are lucky since you already have a projector housing so a retrofit should be alot easier. Check out www.hidplanet.com/forums where you will find endless information that can help you out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.