05 STi power gains
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STi power gains within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I should be buying an 05 STi in a week or two. I'm overseas in the desert right ...

05 STi power gains

Hey everyone, I should be buying an 05 STi in a week or two. I'm overseas in the desert right now, so hopefully I'll be back in a week or two. Not new to the whole forum thing, so I did try searching.

I don't plan on doing too much in the way of mods, except for probably a turbo back exhaust and maybe something along the lines of accessport.

Now to my nOOb questions. I was thinking of getting a perrin downpipe and perrin catback exhaust. But what kind of power gains would I most likely see? And if I go stage 2, what gains would that yeild?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

www.cobbtuning.com - they have the numbers there.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

Welcome to the club. You will be looking at 350hp at the crank.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Is that the rating for just the turbo back exhaust? Or is that with cobb stage 2? How much horsepower is that at the wheels?
    Damn the nOOb questions just keep on coming. And lastly would I be fine with just a turbo back exhaust, or would it be better
    to go completely stage 2? Performance wise.
    Last edited by Clos23; 03-07-2006 at 06:07 PM.

That's the STG2 numbers. That will probably be about 280-290 awhp. Idealy you should go with the reflash not just the tbe.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

So about how much would the whp be with just a downpipe and catback exhaust? Are there any negative effects just running those two, like poor idleing, backfiring, etc.? I don't really wanna mess with my warranty too much, so that's why i'm hesitant to get accessport stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Clos23
    Is that the rating for just the turbo back exhaust? Or is that with cobb stage 2? How much horsepower is that at the wheels?
    Damn the nOOb questions just keep on coming. And lastly would I be fine with just a turbo back exhaust, or would it be better
    to go completely stage 2? Performance wise.
    Thats with a stage 2 reflash. With 15% (I think) drivetrain loss it would it would be around 300 whp.

I'm waiting for someone who has a stage 2
    sti to chime in.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

You really shouldn't have any problems with a turbo-back exhaust, but you definitely won't be pushing it to its potential w/o some sort of tune. As of now, dealers cannot detect a stage two reflash. In any case, if you're that worried you can always revert to stock or unmarry the ap if you choose.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT
    Thats with a stage 2 reflash. With 15% (I think) drivetrain loss it would it would be around 300 whp.

I'm waiting for someone who has a stage 2
    sti to chime in.
    Yeah, those number sound good as well. I was assuming a high drivetrain loss of about 20%.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    You really shouldn't have any problems with a turbo-back exhaust, but you definitely won't be pushing it to its potential w/o some sort of tune. As of now, dealers cannot detect a stage two reflash. In any case, if you're that worried you can always revert to stock or unmarry the ap if you choose.
    I guess that's true. I'm not really looking to get the max whp I can possibly get. Just a little extra kick to what a stock STi puts out. But if that's true that dealers cannot detect a reflash, I may have to reconsider. I read something about the gains on a stock STi with either just a downpipe or a downpipe and catback exhaust were negligable. Is that true? I'll post up the thread's link in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Clos23
    I read something about the gains on a stock STi with either just a downpipe or a downpipe and catback exhaust were negligable. Is that true? I'll post up the thread's link in second.

Cobb stage 2

It's the very last post. Not sure if I misunderstood what he said.

The downpipe is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system; therefore if you replace the downpipe it will yield the most gains. There's also another cat in the mid pipe. You could get downpipe and keep the rest stock, but theres still maybe 10hp to be gained with the cat-back, not to mention the sound.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

That's cool then, I'm thinking I should get a dp first, then a catback. The only thing i'm wondering is if getting a catless dp, does that cause you to throw a cel?

Yup, you can get a cell fix or purchase a resistor from radio shack for cheap. Or if you go with the AP it'll fix that for you.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

What's a resistor? Or the cel fix you're talking about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.