To get a wrx or sti?

This is a discussion on To get a wrx or sti? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm sure this has been asked before, but i wasn't able to find it (sorry), but i was wondering how ...

To get a wrx or sti?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but i wasn't able to find it (sorry), but i was wondering how much time and money would it take to make a wrx similar to the sti? Would it be better to cough up the extra money for an sti? I'm thinking about buying an 03-04 wrx, or getting an 04 sti. In my current situation, i know buying an sti is digging a hole for myself for 5 years or more, but i'm considering it, since i'm if i got a wrx i would mod it and it would become something like the sti i assume.

Btw i'm in college, and this would be my daily ride...thanks guys and i apologize for being length

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you can afford it now get an STi. You might be able to spend less and make the wrx as fast in a straight line but to make it entirely equla to an STi its going to cost alot. Also if you get an STi and leave is stock you can have all that power plus a warranty.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    If you can afford it now get an STi. You might be able to spend less and make the wrx as fast in a straight line but to make it entirely equla to an STi its going to cost alot. Also if you get an STi and leave is stock you can have all that power plus a warranty.
    i aggree with everything u said

with an 02-05 wrx its gonna take alot more to get the same response as a STi with it being a 2.0 though if u get like a 99-01 rs and throw a sti motor and tranny in that would be better than the sti(just my Opion)
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

If you can afford to do it, you're probably best off with the STi. It would cost a whole lot of money and time to make a wrx into one.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

pwn
    +1 to that. Go for the sti.

i guess so, but all the sti i see in my area are like 10k more than my limit unfortunately. I guess i will get a wrx 03 or 04 for now and after college or some years i'll get an sti. Though i wish i hit the lotto lol, but if we all did i'm sure we would get our dream cars. -_- bummer...

does anyone know the difference between the 03 and 04 wrx, besides the looks?

The '04 has different seats, and a slightly beafier trans. There's probably other differences but those are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head.

Go with the Blobeye FTW.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

If you can afford an STi get it. The cost of mods and such is high to make a WRX compete w/ an STi overall (not just in acceleration). The STi is a torque monster.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Coming from another college student, I'd say go with the wrx. If you're looking to save money, you should factor in maintenance costs, insurance, gas prices. I underestimated how much money it'd cost to feed a wrx since I used to drive a civic. You can always look into a better car once you're outta college. Just bringing out some other factors to consider. But if these aren't a big deal to ya, STI !!!

Go for the STi if you can afford. It's an awesome car
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I myself am a college student and I had this same debate. Of course I would have loved to get the STI, but went with the WRX and I do love it. Someday Ill get the STI, but for now the WRX is a lot of fun. Go with the WRX for financial reasons......