Bought an 04 WRX wagon!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Bought an 04 WRX wagon!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After searching and searching and searching, I went back to the first WRB WRX wagon I looked at. I looked ...

Thumbs up Bought an 04 WRX wagon!!

After searching and searching and searching, I went back to the first WRB WRX wagon I looked at. I looked for any mods and didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

I talked to the salesman who helped me last time I was there and he asked me if I wanted to take it for a spin. I took him up on the offer and he gave me a dealer plate and the key, said "take your time". I said "huh?" I asked if he was coming to which he said "No" and again said to "take your time". So off I went on a nice solo flight!

Of all the test drives I have taken in the past few weeks, this one was by far the most enjoyable. (no babbling salesman) I took it on a nice long test drive (1/2 hour) and put it through its paces. (around town, highway, stop and go traffic)

It's nice and tight with no rattles or shimmys...smooth shifting tranny and not a ding to be seen. It also has a nice clean interior.

Bonuses discovered so far: BF Goodrich Traction T/A tires @ 80% life left, Prodrive exhaust, Hella Supertones, Autometer Boost Gauge and nicely pre-wired for amp & subwoofer)

I pick it up on Tuesday night! I'll post pics as soon as I can.

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

That's awesome, man! Congratulations!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Sounds like a solid find! Congrats!

Awaiting the pics.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

+1 Sounds like you got a pretty good find there.

i had a similar experience last weekend when i bought my '03 wrx. i drove about an hour and a half just to look at it. i didn't even plan on buying it because i still had to sell my old car. he let me and my friend drive it around as long as we needed. then when he said they really wanted to see me drive home in the wrx, i said i needed some more time to think about it. so he said, ok, here's the keys. we are open on sunday from 12-5. just bring it back and let us know if you'd like to purchase it. wow! a 24 hour test drive is what i needed to find out this car was for me.

Congrats on the new car man... enjoy
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

congrats man! glad to see another wagon.

Sweet man. Have fun!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

My WRX wagon sits in my driveway as I type this. What a nice car! I am very pleased so far.

The dealer had it detailed and the WRB really looks sharp at night with a coat of wax on it. (it still needs my personal detailing touches on it though...) I got the goosebumps when I saw how nice it was under the lights.

My skeptical wife drove it around for awhile and really liked the power it has. She had a wild look in her eyes after rowing through the gears for a few milesand said to me "you better let me drive this once in awhile". I think she's hooked!

Other things/options that I discovered tonight:

STI Hood Scoop
    Auto Dimming/Compass mirror
    Heavy Rubber Floor Mats (nice bonus)

I need to install my Sirius unit & antenna. FM radio here in NY blows.

I will post pics this weekend.

Thumbs up Another discovery

Showing a friend the engine this morning, I noticed a set of blue Samco intercooler hoses the PO installed.

Welcome. I wish I had bought a wagon. The hoses are a nice addition, and you don't have to do any of the install work!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Wow it gets better and better. Those seem to be great mods to start with and there is nothing to extreme that could of caused damage.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

The silencer has been taken out as well. The ram in the front is disconnected from the fenderwell.

Since it's already out and I don't like the way the ram looks unconnected, I researched and ordered a GP Moto silencer delete elbow. I will be ordering the Perrin intake charge pipe as well sometime in the near future.

My personal mods begin!
    Last edited by flyinEyeball; 03-08-2006 at 01:27 PM.

well done indeed.
    black 06 wagon

The addiction begins!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.