New Member - No WRX quite yet, but VERY soon :)

This is a discussion on New Member - No WRX quite yet, but VERY soon :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys (and girl from what Ive seen from reading :P), I have been browsing around for a few weeks ...

pwn

Arrow New Member - No WRX quite yet, but VERY soon :)

Hey guys (and girl from what Ive seen from reading :P), I have been browsing around for a few weeks now but I decided to finaly register today . I don't have a WRX yet, but I should be getting one in a few weeks - brand new 06. Anyway I really like the community here, I think it will definately help me when it comes to doing things to my soon to be baby.

A little bit about myself: Im 17 and currently a Jr. in high school. I live in the bay area (northern california), more specificly in the danville / san ramon area. Anyway, I love the wrx and I am so excited about getting one . I currently drive a ford expedition and MAN that thing is a TANK. Learned how to drive a stick in a BMW Z8 (hehe) and although one could say its nearly impossible to stall it, I like to say I learned how to drive a stick without stalling and was down shifting / matching revs in the first few miles or so. Haven't learned heel toe yet due to lack of time w/ a stick but...cmere wrx . I can say I stalled the wrx first time I test drove it though.

About the new wrx: Its going to be brand new, blue, and have black leather with blue stitching. I plan on breaking it in as fast as I can , I think I'll go nuts having to watch my foot on the gas pedal.

A few things about mods....

I was looking at the megan racing coilovers, but according to that thread from a little while back they are a bit bouncy and have far more bad reviews then good reviews soo...I might go with some teins or something. I plan on putting sway bars in, new endlinks, and probably replacing the tires.

Also plan on adding a boost gauge...maybe the factory optional one unless anyone has a good reason to say otherwise.

NO IM NOT GOING TO GET A BOV!!!!

After a while of driving on a stick I plan to get a short shifter if I feel its really necessary.

I dont know if any of you have heard of vishnu tuning, but it is a company near where I live and I plan on getting a new ecu / flash from them to start off, and then work my way up w/ a catback (dual tip), downpipe and high flow cat as well as a new flex up pipe. However...in a sticky I read that the new 06 wrx's don't really need a new up pipe, does that mean that now the up pipes are catless or something..? (sorry for being a nub)

About headers...A few people I know tell me that if you get your hood popped by a cop and they see headers they can write you a ticket or something. Is that truely the case? If so..why?

For those of you that read all the way through this, nice . Anyway, i look forward to chatting with all of you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pwn
    Oh one more thing - I want to get my front lights looking really nice, I am thinking about putting xenon lights in. I have seen kits where you just plug them into the old wiring and they are made to run on the same voltage or wattage that the wrx puts out for the normal headlamps. Any comments / suggestions?

hello and welcome about your up pipe question i beleive that the 06's already have a catless up pipe. and as for the header question you don't need them. and if a cop does pull you over and and looks under your hood and if he finds any aftermarket (colorful items under the hood) he can site you and make you go see the state referee which is like $73 and a total pita.(cali sucks) so its not worth it. i would keep it stock for a while and get used to the power save up some money for a driving school
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

pwn
    No need for that, already have track experience. And yea I plan to leave it stock for a while, except for the ecu re flash. I think I might go with the cobb stage 1 instead, looks really nice. And isn't removing the cat illegal? What about on the downpipe. o_O

yea its illegal but its only illegal if you get caught
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???

welcome

pwn
    No but I mean like, if subaru removed the cat from the up pipe wouldn't that be illegal? And thanks xjetx .

Quote Originally Posted by pwn
    No but I mean like, if subaru removed the cat from the up pipe wouldn't that be illegal?
    no
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???

pwn
    Bump for the question on putting in xenon lights? And does anyone have information on clearing the front lamps?