Will I get big gains with an STI exhaust?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Will I get big gains with an STI exhaust? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys..... I was thinking of getting an new turbo back and was wondering if I could expect similar gains ...

Will I get big gains with an STI exhaust?

Hey guys..... I was thinking of getting an new turbo back and was wondering if I could expect similar gains with an STI system instead of an aftermarket. I will be running Cobb stage 2 which is supposed to get about 280 HP. A stock STI as you know has 300HP so I thought that it would be able to handle the job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the stock sti exhaust is 2.5 compared to the 2.25 on the wrx. but your still going to have the cat in the down pipe and the cat in the mid pipe, and the cat in the uppipe if you havent changed that yet. so preety much it will be useless. if you already have the accessport than just flash stage 1 for now and buy an up/down pipe and then reflash stage 2. and then geta cat back so you can complete the exhaust. but personally i dont think its woth it at all.
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

For the most gains, you'd be best off getting an aftermarket tbe. I would also recommend a new up-pipe or gut your existing one.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.