Looking for a WRX to display at giant Lowe's Motor Speedway AutoFair in Charlotte, NC
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for a WRX to display at giant Lowe's Motor Speedway AutoFair in Charlotte, NC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I figure you are the guys to help me out. I work for Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte and am ...

Looking for a WRX to display at giant Lowe's Motor Speedway AutoFair in Charlotte, NC

I figure you are the guys to help me out.

I work for Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte and am putting together a Turbocharger display for our giant 4-day Food Lion AutoFair. We will display a different turbo car from each decade since the first American model in the '60s.

Since my very first car in high school was a '72 Subaru FF-1, and my family has owned three Subies (including my wife's current '03 Forester), I am adamant that the '00 decade be represented by the magnificent WRX. The only problem is that I don't actually know anyone who owns one.

I'm trying to avoid getting one from a local dealership, because I do not like displaying cars with window stickers and dealer advertising if I can avoid it. What I'm looking for is any year of WRX or STi that has not been wildly modified - let's show the public how great these cars look stock! Engine mods are fine, but I would rather not confuse people by displaying a car with several aftermarket exterior parts.

If you are in easy driving distance of Charlotte and would like to see your Suub as part of an indoor exhibit at a show that attracts 100,000 spectators during four days, please contact me - either through this forum or at brad@bradbowling.com. There will be no pay for participating, but I know I would be very proud to display my vehicle and I hope you will, too.

If you know someone in the area who might be interested in my offer, please get them in touch with me.

Thanks for any help.

Brad Bowling

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Might be better to post this in the Regional forum!

Bump!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I would love to do it but I'm in utah.
    owner of a stock (for now) 2005 WRB WRX limited.

out of curosity, what was the first turbo car in the US, the olds turbo jetfire engine?...
    I drive a '04RS, & don't have the inclnation to change my s/n...

a winner

If I had a cigar, PJwrx would get it.

Yep, Oldsmobile sold the first passenger car in the US with a turbocharged engine.

...even had some sort of water or meth injection to cool the charge if I remember right, not bad for a domestic in the early 60's!

(I paid attention at all the swap meets/car meets me & pops went to as a kid
    I drive a '04RS, & don't have the inclnation to change my s/n...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.