Drove an STI for the first time today...

This is a discussion on Drove an STI for the first time today... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well after test driving a 2003 and 2005 standard WRX, I decided to drive an STI for comparison. The car ...

Drove an STI for the first time today...

Well after test driving a 2003 and 2005 standard WRX, I decided to drive an STI for comparison.

The car I drove was a Silver 2004 WRX STI with 29,xxx miles on it. The car was awesome! It was a genuine supercar. I never expected the car to be that fast. There seemed to be an endless supply of power on tap...in any gear! I think I ruined myself a little bit by driving it, because now I have lost some intrest in the standard turbo WRX. All I can think about is the STI now.

The STI's starting asking price is $24,995. Is that fair? I could probably talk them down a little. But that seems like a fair price to start from at least.

Another dealership across town has the same exact car with 2,xxx less miles, same asking price, year, and color. I plan on looking at it tommorow if weather permits. I'll keep you posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry, I kinda posted this tread twice. Computer gliche on my end. feel free to erase on of them, they both say the same general thing.

A fair starting price but no doubt you can get them to bring it down more (how's the car itself...conditionwise).

Good luck. I bought my 05 WRX last June and I've got some serious STI bug in me.

Must fight...urge to trade in...must keep focused on financial goals...

I'm in a similar situation. I have been dead set on an standard 06 wrx since they came out.

After hanging out with my friend who has an STi (whicch he won't let me drive) I have changed my plan of action from wanting a new wrx to a slightly used STi.

$24,995 sounds decent. I'm eyeing a 05 with the same miles for 26,995 here in FL. I think if you talk him down a little you will end up with a fair deal. Look at the auto trader online and cars.com for good deals as well. Because of the area I live in I will have to travel about 100 miles (north or south) to find a good used Sti.

You are darn lucky you have two in town. Anyway welcome and good luck.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by LT21
    A fair starting price but no doubt you can get them to bring it down more (how's the car itself...conditionwise).

Good luck. I bought my 05 WRX last June and I've got some serious STI bug in me.

Must fight...urge to trade in...must keep focused on financial goals...
    +1 I want an STI too!!!
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

i urge you to try the 06 wrx too. i just got one and it was more than i expected