Drove an STI for the first time today...

This is a discussion on Drove an STI for the first time today... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So far I have test drove a 2003 and a 2005 standard WRX turbo. Today, I wanted to drive an ...

Drove an STI for the first time today...

So far I have test drove a 2003 and a 2005 standard WRX turbo. Today, I wanted to drive an STI for a little comparison. That was a mistake! Because now all I can think about is owning an STI.

The car I drove was a 2004 WRX STI with 29,xxx miles on it. It was silver. Their starting price on the car is pretty reasonable I think at $24,995.

The car was awesome! I loved it in every sense of the word . If I had to pick one word to describe the STI, it would be Supercar! The car had some amazing muscle, even from down low in the RPMs. I tried to drive it normally and follow the speed limit, but it was impossible. The car just begged to be run. There was an endless supply of power through every gear and the car stuck like glue to the road...Amazing!

So anyway, I think I will now focus my search to low mileage used STI's, as long as they can fit neatly below my $25,000 spending limit. There is another STI across town for the same price with similar mileage. I plan on looking at it tommorow if the weather is nice. I'll keep you posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sorry, I kinda posted the same thread twice. A computer gliche on my part I guess.

i bought my 05 for 25k and some change...i'm sure you can get an 04 for around 20-22k if you look hard enough. just remember, don't let your emotion of owning an sti let you pay more than you want.

that is exactly the reason ive avoided driving an sti i love my stage 2 / RA geared wrx....but i know if i were to drive even a stock sti i wouldnt be able to look at my car the same. good luck on your search!

Personally, the STI is the better package! The WRX is a fun car, but IMO, it's way too watered down! If I could afford an STI, that's what I would've been driving today. But Mrs. "budget" have to decide on what I should be driving, otherwise, I would've lost the car the anyway with all the cost that's involved. Especially when modding is in mind; the STI just have the better things to begin with!

If you can find a good price, go for it! You'll be happier with it.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

imo, no matter what car you get, you will be happy with anything you've worked hard to get. i worked hard to buy my bmw, i worked hard to get my sti...i didn't appreciate the car my parents bought me (4-runner).in retrospect, i got the sti, never considered the wrx. so i can't tell you which to get. but i can say...the sti is SO MUCH DAMN FUN!!!! good luck in finding what you want!