Newbie Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newbie Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cstuartj Still, more info is way better than less! thanks for the data and keep it coming, ...

Quote Originally Posted by cstuartj
    Still, more info is way better than less! thanks for the data and keep it coming, someone may someday knock some since into me.
    I hope not. Drive it like you stole it. If it breaks, just make it better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dude...guys like you make me scared to buy a used car!

dude...guys like you make me scared to buy a used car!
    I know it's semi tongue-in-cheek, but am I really crazy for using a toy like a toy? Really I don't 'get' the WRX if it's supposed to just be a serious DD car, just too much money for what you get, seems like it's all about being a toy car to me. So if it is why not play? For example, just got back from a lunch drive, found a nice super twisty road going up to the side of a mountain right near work here. Road started out tarmac (sp), then wet gravel (still raining like hell out here), then hard dirt with a nice layer of mud on top, then packed snow (really need to change out OEM tires...), that was more like packed slushy cause of the rain...

Anyways, it was great, never got out of 3rd gear, hell spent a lot of time in 2nd. Thought I was nice to car, didn't break 4.5k rpm and mostly kept it around 3k. Just working the corners, keeping traction, break, turn, gas... the basics... pure fun for me. Perhaps I'm just easiled amussed. But I'd like to think that's the sort of thing the WRX was made for and handles well without self distructing

sounds like your already having fun! How fast did you get it up to?
    Just under 110... but won't do that again till it's a bit more broke in.

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything but there is a differnce between having fun with your "toy" and destroying it. The center diff will fight to keep the rear wheels moving while you're locking it up with the brake. I'd venture to say a jeeps drivetrain is tougher then the wrx's as they are 2 completly different animals. Line up some wrx rear gears to jeeps and the size difference alone will explain alot. Also the stock tranny isnt "overly" strong at all.

If you wanted something that you could beat on day after day and have it grin like a angry ape at you everyday then the STI or EVO would have been better in my honest opionon. You didnt buy a invinciable car.

Lastly it is rather obvious to me the lack of research you did before buying this toy. An informed buyer is a good buyer.

On last thing the 2.5l in the wrx has enough power to easily overdrive the stock suspension. Get some sway bars, tires, and springs on it and you'd have alot more fun on those mountain hills. Have fun
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Hello!

Hello!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12