New member with an 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member with an 06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone Was in the market for a good all around car that I could have some fun with and ...

Cool New member with an 06 WRX

Hey everyone

Was in the market for a good all around car that I could have some fun with and decided to get the new WRX. So far I love it - great looking car, nice interior and its quick stock. Its an 06 Limited Edition. Just a quick question - how much boost do the 06's run stock? And whats their limit with the stock turbo? Anyone been messing around with them much yet?

If your wondering about my name, I also own a 500+ hp 83 firebird that I'm finishing up. It will be only drivin on weekends and nice hot days. It will also be my track car. The WRX is more like my daily driver and winter / business car. But that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun with it.

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Forgot a pic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01987.JPG  

Congrats on your purchase... it looks nice. Good luck with it.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Congrats. I believe the stock boost on the new 06 is 11.5 PSI. I am at cobb stage 2 and love it. Cobb stage 2 puts you at about 15.5 PSI.

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    Congrats. I believe the stock boost on the new 06 is 11.5 PSI. I am at cobb stage 2 and love it. Cobb stage 2 puts you at about 15.5 PSI.
    Thanks!

I was just visiting their website and looking at the Stage 1. I'm new to ECU flashing and what not. Is it pretty easy?

EDIT: After doing some more reading and looking around on the messageboard, I found plenty of info to go on.
    Last edited by fbody83; 02-25-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Just beware of boost creep after going stage 2 on the new 2006 wrx. Search for some of my posts, Theres plenty of info on it. Cobb Accessport couldn't be easier to use.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Nice lookin' rex!!! Despite many oppositions, I'm a fan of the '06 grills.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!

Not sure of the 06 boost. I know the 2.0 liter engine is 13.5.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

damn, I looked in an 11 state area and couldnt find a single limited edition in the color I wanted. I would've had to wait 10 weeks for it. That wasnt so bad, but then I got an insaine deal on a normal wrx so I took that instead. Congrats on ur new car.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Thanks everyone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.