New user/owner TR question

This is a discussion on New user/owner TR question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I bought my TR last week and im here to say hello and hopefully learn new stuff about ...

New user/owner TR question

Hey guys, I bought my TR last week and im here to say hello and hopefully learn new stuff about my car. I have a question, is there anything different about the TR and the regular Wrx under the hood wise? I heard on nasoc that the wrx and sti have plastic engine brackets and the TR has steel ones. If Subaru failed to mention that then I wonder what else is different about the TR and the regular Wrx performance/parts wise.
    One more question, I love my TR but the black side mirrors bother me somewhat, and I was wondering if you think the dealership can paint them Steel gray for me or would I have to go to a professional paintshop and have them do such a simple task? and how much would you think it will run me? Thanks.

P.S- I seriously overpaid for my TR...25,800 fogs+spoiler+500$(4.9 Apr). I tried for 3 weeks to get a regular Wrx but no one in Va had one that wasnt paid for so I just gave in and got a TR...even that took 2 days to track down a low mileage Steel Gray (Stolhman had one that had 400 miles on it... .)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im not positive on this but I think the only difference are the few amenities not included in the TR(seats,wheels, etc.). So im told. Just out of curiosity, why not pay the extra grand for the lil extras?

Oops, my bad for not reading full post. That sux. But you have to ask yourself just one thing....was it worth it?

Yes it is worth every penny. I love this car to death, it pulls hard at 3500 rpm and when the turbo kicks in it pulls even harder at 4500. The dealership told me if I wanted a regular Wrx I would had to wait 2-3 months for it so I took the TR without even thinking about any other cars. The only thing I want changed are the side mirrors...they might actually look really nice with 20-25% tint on the windows, but for now if anyone can guesstimate the price for new paint on them it would be great, if it is over 60$ then I might as well go get the tint to "blend" them in more.
    After a week the mileage came up to 210ish and I was able to put in a fresh tank of super premium in, and my god it is uber fun to drive. I thought my salesman was cool enough to put super in the tank when he handed the keys, but guess not.

Banned
    i have 2kish miles on my new TR...im averaging 28mpg, although I do drive 98% highway....

total newb question-What is a TR?

Tuner Ready

Welcome
    Vag-eye Militia #1
    Military Militia #3

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGrayScooby View Post
    Hey guys, I bought my TR last week and im here to say hello and hopefully learn new stuff about my car. I have a question, is there anything different about the TR and the regular Wrx under the hood wise? I heard on nasoc that the wrx and sti have plastic engine brackets and the TR has steel ones. If Subaru failed to mention that then I wonder what else is different about the TR and the regular Wrx performance/parts wise.
    One more question, I love my TR but the black side mirrors bother me somewhat, and I was wondering if you think the dealership can paint them Steel gray for me or would I have to go to a professional paintshop and have them do such a simple task? and how much would you think it will run me? Thanks.

P.S- I seriously overpaid for my TR...25,800 fogs+spoiler+500$(4.9 Apr). I tried for 3 weeks to get a regular Wrx but no one in Va had one that wasnt paid for so I just gave in and got a TR...even that took 2 days to track down a low mileage Steel Gray (Stolhman had one that had 400 miles on it... .)
    You might not have overpaid that much actually, considering different states consider vehicles at different prices depending on the abundance of the car. Chances are a regular WRX would have ended up costing you over $1000 or $1500 more and it would probably have higher miles since they are in short supply in your state.

The only differences are cosmetic and not performance ones.

I have heard something about side mirror caps and I'd like to know more about them as well.
    2006 WRX TR

Banned
    it is exactly what the name states it is, a Tuner Ready car without the extras a tuner wouldn't need when ripping a car apart and modding it heavily.

the side mirrors are painted the same color as the car

Not on the TR version.
    2006 WRX TR