Hey whatup CWRX!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey whatup CWRX!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whatsup people, my name is Justin and i really love WRX's. I have a important question. My senior year ...

Hey whatup CWRX!!!

Hey whatsup people, my name is Justin and i really love WRX's. I have a important question. My senior year is approaching and my parents are getting the idea of getting a new car for me. I would like to get a rough idea of how much insurance will be for a 17 year old driver of a 02-03 wrx, i havent been in any wrecks or recieved any tickets. I know there are many other factors to include but based on a clean record, how much would insurance be. My good friend owns a wrx and he says it is considered a sedan so insurance isnt as high. Is he correct.

any help is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Being a sedan and having a clean record doesn't really mean much when it comes to insuring a wrx. Being 17 won't help much either. I was told when i insured mine that they are high risk cars due to theft and whatnot so in your case insuring you on a wrx will prob cost a good bit.The best way to find out is to just call you insurance company and ask. good luck and welcome to the site.

And dont be afraid to search a little.... or you'll be sorry, trust me

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club Justin!

Insurance companies add a "turbo surcharge" to the WRX. And as stated, being 17 will not help things. Good luck in finding rates that do not rape.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Registered User quicksilver1982's Avatar
    what's up justin, as stated before it'll be quite a bit to insure a wrx for a 17 yr old, clean record or not.

i used to own a mustang gt, 2 door, v8 sports car.... when i got my wrx.... my insurance went up another like 70 dollars a month.

if your on your parents insurance smartest way to do it if you can...have them put your name on the cheapest slowest vehicle you guys own as your primary driving vehicle and your mom or dad on the rex...get what im sayin?? this is what i did my senior year when i had my 2g gsx and my insurance was 800 every 6 months...if the car is under your name but i cant see how cuz your 17 and still in highschool and your parents are paying for it then you insurance will most likely be out the door

friendly tip...dont drive like a jackass when you get your car no tickets and no accidents = cheaper insurance in life

regardless if he is the primary driver or not it will still cost alot....and most companies dont do the "primary driver" thing anymore just for that reason.

Shoot..when i traded my 05 focus for my 05 wrx my insurance went down 30 dollars a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Robman7835
    regardless if he is the primary driver or not it will still cost alot....and most companies dont do the "primary driver" thing anymore just for that reason.

alright cool but mine does and if his does the same thing then that was my suggestion even tho its still alot its less then what it could be...if its his parents insurance and they want there kid on there vehicles its alot less then if he was on an insurance just under his name...hes still in highschool...

Welcome to the club meng
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up Welc0me T0 The Club!!!

Every new member who posts insurance questions get's the same response from me!

24 years old, clean record, CT insured through Safeco, 100k liability, multi car policy:

My '03 WRX was $140/month

My '05 Corvette C6 is $130/month

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.