Looking into '06 WRX... good deal?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking into '06 WRX... good deal? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I'm a current RX8 owner, who is looking to move into a WRX for MPG and work concerns. ...

Looking into '06 WRX... good deal?

Hello all, I'm a current RX8 owner, who is looking to move into a WRX for MPG and work concerns.

I'm in Los Angeles and I've got the local stealership offering me any '06 on the lot for $800 under invoice. Is this a good deal? Do you guys know of better deals and can you offer any tips for me?

What options do you think I should get? I'm thinking short-throw shifter, turbo gauge and spoiler for sure. Anything else you would recommend?

Lastly, what are the major differences between the TR and the regular model? I'm an avid snowboarder, so I would really like to have 60/40 split folding seats in the back. Does the TR have this feature as well?

I'm hoping for sticker gas consumption from the 2.5L '06 model (20/26 MPG). Is that reasonable? It definitely was not for the 8.

Thx in advance for any advice. I really appreciate it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    with the 3.70 final drive my average MPG is no less then 22. If I beat on it the car gets 22 if I drive it like mrs daisy I can get in the 24's.

The major differences between the TR and reg. wrx are the seats, fog lamps (or lack thereof on the TR), Climate control, six disk cd changer, speakers, none color major mirrors, and maybe 1 or 2 others.

I recommend test driving both tr, regular wrx, and a LTD and see which one you prefer. Dont rule something out just because of how it looks on paper. GOod luck.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by LawFitz
    Hello all, I'm a current RX8 owner, who is looking to move into a WRX for MPG and work concerns.

I'm in Los Angeles and I've got the local stealership offering me any '06 on the lot for $800 under invoice. Is this a good deal? Do you guys know of better deals and can you offer any tips for me?

What options do you think I should get? I'm thinking short-throw shifter, turbo gauge and spoiler for sure. Anything else you would recommend?

Lastly, what are the major differences between the TR and the regular model? I'm an avid snowboarder, so I would really like to have 60/40 split folding seats in the back. Does the TR have this feature as well?

I'm hoping for sticker gas consumption from the 2.5L '06 model (20/26 MPG). Is that reasonable? It definitely was not for the 8.

Thx in advance for any advice. I really appreciate it!
    2006 SUBARU WRX AND STI RESEARCH PAGE:
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2006.html

Good luck finding a regular WRX! I contacted SOA about 2 weeks ago, there isn't ANY in CA, NV, AZ, & OR. You need to order one & it'd take 8 weeks (at least & if you are lucky).

If you concern MPG, WRX isn't the right car. ONLY wagon WRX offers 60/40 split folding rear seats.

one way to find out if your neighborhood subaru dealer is worthy of your sale is to be asking them these questions....if they can answer them, off the top of their head, they genuinely are a place where you should do business. i've never once bought a car from a place that couldnt answer my questions about THEIR product.

Thx for the tips you guys.

I'm getting 14-15 MPG in the city w/my 8. I'm hoping for 19-20 from an '06 WRX. Is that reasonable?

Does anyone have experience with snowboards through the arm rest opening in the sedans? Can you fit more than one through? Do you have to remove bindings to do so? Maybe a roof rack is the answer, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

I think I'm okay with a TR. I don't really care about those particular options.

Would you guys go with anything else besides the spoiler, short shifter and boost gauge? I'm asking more about performance or pragmatic options rather than luxury items.

yes that is reasonable to expect that, and wrx sedans and wagons are of the few cars that look really good w/ snowboard racks.

i would get a wingless trunk. 80% of subaru owners seem to prefer the "wingless" look. and if you ever choose that you want one. an STI owner or wrx owner will gladly swap trunks. (takes 20min)

boost gauge is probly one of the most important things to buy. stock one is ok, but if you plan on modding, might as well just buy an aftermarker one to match your other gauges (cheaper too). my stock gauge isnt 100% accurate, the needle is about 1 needle low.

you can buy used short shifters for EXTRA cheap on these boards. they take very little time to put it also. even a brand new aftermartket ones are pretty cheap. my personal opinon, is get one. i really like the feeling.

btw, i get 18- 20mpg in all city driving.

New to the board, just got WRX

I too was looking at the TR, but for $1000 more I got foglamps, cd changer, auto air, and different seats. Well worth it. I spanked a G35 coupe last night on the way home, he was embarrassed. Fun car, worth every penny. I sell Acura's and this car is so much better for the money. (Type-S) I can get this car into a drift around a turn so easy, Type-S dives in and whines out of turns. Too bad.

too bad you are so far away.....
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

LGT will offer fold down rear seats in the sedan for 2007

i just put skis through the little cut out in the back seats, and they fit fine. Actually they maxed out, meaning from the end of the trunk to the back of the front seats. the skis are like 170cm long. A snowboard can fit in there too. you should stop by a dealership and look at the opening. im not getting a rack for my car cuz i dont want to have any drilling done or anything like that. my choice. i do about 90% city driving, and during the winter i see that i get around 17.7-20mpg. in the warmer days i get nothing less than 19 mpg, also with 90% city driving.
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by RexisMe
    one way to find out if your neighborhood subaru dealer is worthy of your sale is to be asking them these questions....if they can answer them, off the top of their head, they genuinely are a place where you should do business. i've never once bought a car from a place that couldnt answer my questions about THEIR product.
    True to a point. You cant expect a salesperson to know everything about every vehicle they sell. A good salesperson will tell you that they dont know the correct answer for sure, but will call you back or find the correct answer instead of giving you a line of BS. Even with just our Subie dealership only selling Subaru's, it is nearly impossible for someone to know each detail about every model, submodel, etc. I know most of the options and packages, but when you get into really details mechanical stuff, I will probably have to look it up and get back to you. Some of the guys know the littlest detail abou the mechanics, but might not know the exact option packages or color combos for each car.

better off waiting to get the right answer and have someone truly wanting to earn your business rather than someone that just spouts off at the mouth.

that goes for the customer side too, i would rather have a customer that knows what he wants or even is confused about which package or model to get and allows me to help him make the purchase that fits his needs best rather than get some loudmouth know-it-all. I have actually told people that were really rude that I do not want to sell them a vehicle. sometimes it is better for both parties. I am not that way with anyone and will not tolerate that behavior myself, even if it kills a sale. I would rather miss a sale than have a sale but the customer be unhappy or not satified with the whole experience.

IMO of course..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.