HI, just got my wrx/just totaled it. Video inside.

This is a discussion on HI, just got my wrx/just totaled it. Video inside. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all. My names Rick.23. Live in San Antonio Texas. Been customizing cars for 7 years now. Fell in love ...

HI, just got my wrx/just totaled it. Video inside.

Hi all.
    My names Rick.23. Live in San Antonio Texas. Been customizing cars for 7 years now. Fell in love with the wrx/evo like 4 years ago. Finally got me a subaru wrx last month. on 1/3/06. I threw some 18" drift rims with pirreli 300z rated tires. I ordered a momo/subaru shift knob and installed a stereo system including 2 12" subs, 4 pioneer mid range and a 1200 watt amp. Heaven for me, a nice start. My next plans are getting a full catback with up pipe down pipe and intake. Alone with an engine managment. I've been watching these forums for months so all your info helps. Can't wait to paint my sideskirts and get some more horsepower.

In the end i just want to have a clean jdm inspired ride with at least 320 hp. It's a daily driver and i don't plan on having to deal with the tranny so 320 sounds safe to me.

On that note. Yesturday was an interesting day. I was excited about waking up today, i was getting my momo/subaruu shift knob. The arrival date was 2/20/06. It was mid day 2/19/06 and i was on my way to buy some dvds for my new dvd-video cam. Just a great day.
    On my way on a high elevated access road, my car lost traction with all the rocks the city works put on the ground to incress traction..go figure. It never did ice as expected so all the loose gravel caught my ride by surprise. I started to readjust my car but it was too late, all four wheels were sliding, i slammed into a van, than a wall, than a metal safety gaurd.

My plans were to install my shift knob, use my touch up paint which was coming with my shift knob, to fix some minor scrathes. Wax my ride and then post some pics on here for all to see. Instead i have a 3 minute clip of my ride being pushed off the highway and my face full of pain as i talk to the cops on the scene.

I dont' know how to upload video..it's in avi format so if anyone can help i'd love to post it and get some feedback on how bad the damage is.

Nice to meet you.

ps: I just got my shift knob/touch up paint from the ups guy. Looks good. My eyes teared a little when i took it out the box.
    Last edited by RepresentTexas; 02-20-2006 at 03:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear that, quite the first post. I can understand salting roads(though it still infuriates me), but when they lay down gravel thats just irresponsible.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Wow man, sorry to hear that.

Welcome to the club...so what's your new game plan?

Also, sorry I can't help with the avi formatting thing, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help out.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Wow, what a first post! Sorry to hear this meng. Hopefully everything will work out in the end.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Thanks,

the gameplan, well they gave me a stupid dodge ram truck as a rental veichle for now. They said they would call me in 3 days and tell me either when to pick up my car...or hey, your cars totaled good luck getting another one. The rims/ tires weren't damaged and i took out the subs/amp so at least if it's totaled i can through it on my new wrx. Maybe an sti..wink* wink*
    Problem is i don't have for a down payment so i might have to buy a 83 cutlass and cruise it for a year till i save up for a new car. Worst case scenarieo of course.

Okay i think i figured how to upload the video. It is free so it's probably gonna be real slow sorry. Tell me what you guys think. How much damage do you think is there?

http://storeandserve.com/download/11..._03_1.avi.html

Quote Originally Posted by RepresentTexas
    Hi all.
    My names Rick.23. Live in San Antonio Texas. Been customizing cars for 7 years now. Fell in love with the wrx/evo like 4 years ago. Finally got me a subaru wrx last month. on 1/3/06. I threw some 18" drift rims with pirreli 300z rated tires. I ordered a momo/subaru shift knob and installed a stereo system including 2 12" subs, 4 pioneer mid range and a 1200 watt amp. Heaven for me, a nice start. My next plans are getting a full catback with up pipe down pipe and intake. Alone with an engine managment. I've been watching these forums for months so all your info helps. Can't wait to paint my sideskirts and get some more horsepower.

In the end i just want to have a clean jdm inspired ride with at least 320 hp. It's a daily driver and i don't plan on having to deal with the tranny so 320 sounds safe to me.

On that note. Yesturday was an interesting day. I was excited about waking up today, i was getting my momo/subaruu shift knob. The arrival date was 2/20/06. It was mid day 2/19/06 and i was on my way to buy some dvds for my new dvd-video cam. Just a great day.
    On my way on a high elevated access road, my car lost traction with all the rocks the city works put on the ground to incress traction..go figure. It never did ice as expected so all the loose gravel caught my ride by surprise. I started to readjust my car but it was too late, all four wheels were sliding, i slammed into a van, than a wall, than a metal safety gaurd.

My plans were to install my shift knob, use my touch up paint which was coming with my shift knob, to fix some minor scrathes. Wax my ride and then post some pics on here for all to see. Instead i have a 3 minute clip of my ride being pushed off the highway and my face full of pain as i talk to the cops on the scene.

I dont' know how to upload video..it's in avi format so if anyone can help i'd love to post it and get some feedback on how bad the damage is.

Nice to meet you.

ps: I just got my shift knob/touch up paint from the ups guy. Looks good. My eyes teared a little when i took it out the box.
    If you want you can upload it onto google videos and just give us the link. And when you want to it off of google, you can take it off.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Sorry to read of the crash.

I would guess the DOT in your area does not know how to deal with the possibility of ice - "a pound of prevention is better than an ounce of cure".
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-20-2006 at 04:46 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics