N00b turbo question

This is a discussion on N00b turbo question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I searched, but the terms are too vague, so I will ask. Do the WRX and the STi use the ...

Question N00b turbo question

I searched, but the terms are too vague, so I will ask.

Do the WRX and the STi use the same turbo?
    "Someone sh*t on the coats."
    -Dane Cook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope, the WRX has a Mitsubishi TD04L and the STi has an IHI VF39.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

Quote Originally Posted by WMAWRX
    Nope, the WRX has a Mitsubishi TD04L and the STi has an IHI VF39.
    I thought the WRX was a VF34 or something. Mitsu parts in a sube, thats blasphemy.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by BillFromTR
    I thought the WRX was a VF34 or something. Mitsu parts in a sube, thats blasphemy.

i doubt that would be said if we had the 4g63 in our cars

I Support ClubWRX
    The VF34 has been used in certain WRX/WRX STi models, but not in the US models.

Take a close look at your A/C pump.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Haha,

You won't be happy if you take a close look at your engine bay. You'll find parts from a hodgepoge of different manufacatures; I think there's some nissan under there along w/mitsubishi!
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

I Support ClubWRX
    In the interior, the window switches are Nissan sourced. Considering one could buy a Lamborghini with steering column stalks from a British Leyland Marina or a Ferrari with straight-up Fiat vents, that's OK.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.