2006 WRX Price

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Price within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was looking at getting a standard blue wrx with a spoiler and a couple of extra features. The invoice ...

2006 WRX Price

I was looking at getting a standard blue wrx with a spoiler and a couple of extra features. The invoice price of the car is 24,854. The dealer said i could get it for this price. I was going to lease it and he gave me rates for 36 months at 12k miles of .00215 with residual value of 57%. He said if i used these rates the subaru bank chard a 599 banking fee is this normal? Also he said there is a dealer hold back of 500 dollars that i can only get if i dont use these rates. When i was talking to him yesterday he told me about the 500 dollars extra off of invoice but did not say i couldn't use these rates. What do you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would buy the car if I where you. I paid 21,877 for my 06.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    I would buy the car if I where you. I paid 21,877 for my 06.
    Yea i wouldn't lease..but that is just my opinion

we have two with a few options (spoiler, etc). invoice on ours is $23,606. I have priced them at $22,500 ($300 over net cost -- invoice minus holdback minus dealer cash plus $300)

WRX's are not the best leasing vehicles... better off buying. if you take the special rate, you do not get the dealer cash (if that dealer will give it to you).
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

i am leasing because i am a college student who cant afford a high monthly payment. The invoice i listed is also on a wrx standard as opposed to the wrx tr. Just so you know

If you cant afford the car without leasing then maybe a new WRX is not what you should be looking for.... and if you havn't looked at what your insurance is going to cost on a WRX then you might want to reconsider.

i was quoted 23,000 plus taxes and tags on a new 06

Quote Originally Posted by dmbmay98
    i am leasing because i am a college student who cant afford a high monthly payment. The invoice i listed is also on a wrx standard as opposed to the wrx tr. Just so you know
    Don't buy one if you can't afford it, but don't be dumb and lease a car either. Look at something thats alittle cheaper, consider an older WRX if you really want the AWD, or and older RSX, of if you really have to have a new car get an SI. Don't put yourself in a financial situation where you're going to be tight on cash all the time.

Trust me, I'm in the same boat

Subjective, I would say. I ended up doing a 4 year least and am paying about 268 dollars a month. Even with the increased insurance, I am paying less than what I was paying for my 2003 VW Jetta combined (payed 365 a month for that damn thing). I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I like living under warranty, so I don't have a problem giving my car up after 4 years. And if I don't want to give it up, I can still keep it--just gotta pay more.
    Born Again Car Enthusiast