Hey Guys!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey Guys!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! How you all doing? Well anyways, I'm new to the whole WRX car scene. I've been into the ...

Hey Guys!!

Hey guys! How you all doing?

Well anyways, I'm new to the whole WRX car scene. I've been into the whole Civic deal, don't know why but anyway, for a few years but then when I moved to the US, my friends here got me into the WRX.

I'm yet to get a WRX, but I'm seriosuly thinking about getting the 2004 Subaru WRX very soon. Looks sooooo sweeet

So yeh. I hope I can learn a lot from you guys about the WRX and sorry if I ask any questions that has been asked a million times (I'll try to minimize on that as much as possible)

Oh, btw, a question already hehehe, can you guys lead me to maybe a website or a thread that contains all the different engines that goes into the 2004 WRX?

Well anyways, thanks guys.. and g'day
    -OzzieRizz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieRizz
    Hey guys! How you all doing?

Well anyways, I'm new to the whole WRX car scene. I've been into the whole Civic deal, don't know why but anyway, for a few years but then when I moved to the US, my friends here got me into the WRX.

I'm yet to get a WRX, but I'm seriosuly thinking about getting the 2004 Subaru WRX very soon. Looks sooooo sweeet

So yeh. I hope I can learn a lot from you guys about the WRX and sorry if I ask any questions that has been asked a million times (I'll try to minimize on that as much as possible)

Oh, btw, a question already hehehe, can you guys lead me to maybe a website or a thread that contains all the different engines that goes into the 2004 WRX?

-OzzieRizz
    1st, welcome. I came from an Acura RSX, so i understand the whole Honda deal haha.

If you can find one, look for an 05 WRX. They got interior upgrades that are definetly worth it. Plus painted side skirts and black headlights.

By engines do you mean swaps like a Kseries or Bseries motor for civic swaps? Or do you mean different engines for different models, like how the Si has a different motor than the other Civic models? In that case, there is only one. EJ20T found in the 02-05 WRX. The STi comes in a EJ25T, as does the 2006 WRX (tho the turbo and other parts are different).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

yeh, I wouldn't mind getting the 2005 WRX aswel, as long as its not the 2003 because I personally don't like the headlights on them. But I don't know yet. If the price isn't that much difference, I'll probably just get the 2005 one.

as for the engine swap, I meant like all the Subaru engine series that can possibly go into the 2004 or 2005 WRX that is worthwile doing. Or is the EJ25T the only engine that would be worthwile to upgrade to?

as long as its not the 2003 because I personally don't like the headlights on them
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

yeh, I wouldn't mind getting the 2005 WRX aswel, as long as its not the 2003 because I personally don't like the headlights on them. But I don't know yet. If the price isn't that much difference, I'll probably just get the 2005 one.

as for the engine swap, I meant like all the Subaru engine series that can possibly go into the 2004 or 2005 WRX that is worthwile doing. Or is the EJ25T the only engine that would be worthwile to upgrade to?
    Yea the only swaps people do are either to a USDM STi engine, or to a JDM Type RA engine. In reality, you could be very happy w/ just a turbo upgrade, injectors, engine management, and a turboback exhaust + uppipe. that would net you high 12 quarter mile times. But a 2.5L motor would be sick too.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    ahhaha sorry if I offended all you diehard bug-eyed WRX fan, but I just personally don't like them. That's why I wasn't into the whole WRX ordeal until I saw the 2004+ WRX

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Yea the only swaps people do are either to a USDM STi engine, or to a JDM Type RA engine. In reality, you could be very happy w/ just a turbo upgrade, injectors, engine management, and a turboback exhaust + uppipe. that would net you high 12 quarter mile times. But a 2.5L motor would be sick too.
    Oh okay. High 12 quater mile times will do just fine for me for now. I should worry about getting the car first and then the rest later lol.

Thanks for all the info

Talking

I am getting an 02 WRX and building a bug-eyed, STi Hunter.

I just think it is more fun to build a fast car than buy one. Plus if something breaks, you know what, since you built the dang thing anyway.

Planned:
    UP
    TBE
    AP
    Turbo Upgrade
    EBC
    Injectors

Custom License Plate: STI HNTR

I Support ClubWRX
    I hunt STi hunters
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX

-OzzieRizz
    From downunder maybe? Surprise your not getting a holden *cough* GTO.

Check this stickey out: What does it mean?? Terminology and Acronyms for the newcomer!. It lists the various engine platforms out there.

Also, please read the rest of the stickies both in this forum and in the engine performance forum. It will give you a lot of info.

Welcome to the club!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by munkyv22
    I am getting an 02 WRX and building a bug-eyed, STi Hunter.

I just think it is more fun to build a fast car than buy one. Plus if something breaks, you know what, since you built the dang thing anyway.

Planned:
    UP
    TBE
    AP
    Turbo Upgrade
    EBC
    Injectors

Custom License Plate: STI HNTR
    Yeh dude. I agree 110% with you about the building up a car is better than buying a fast car. That was the sole reason why I was into the Honda Civic. They were cheap and they had a ton of mods at different price range to suit your needs.

BTW, what exactly is an "up pipe"?

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    From downunder maybe? Surprise your not getting a holden *cough* GTO.

Check this stickey out: What does it mean?? Terminology and Acronyms for the newcomer!. It lists the various engine platforms out there.

Also, please read the rest of the stickies both in this forum and in the engine performance forum. It will give you a lot of info.

Welcome to the club!

HEY!! don't mock the Holden! hahaha.. But if I was to get the Holden I would get the Monaro. They look sooo sweet and they have a ton of power in em. *drools* hehehe

And thanks for the links dude. Exactly what I was looking for! I will sure check them out and learn as much as possible from them.

Yeh dude. I agree 110% with you about the building up a car is better than buying a fast car. That was the sole reason why I was into the Honda Civic. They were cheap and they had a ton of mods at different price range to suit your needs.

BTW, what exactly is an "up pipe"?
    The up pipe is a pipe that feeds exhaust gas to the turbine to spin it up. The stock UP in the WRX has a cat in it, removing that and replacing it with a free flowing pipe allows the turbo to spool up much quicker and removes some back pressure on the exhaust.

I am pretty sure. Still fairly new to turbo. My last ride was NA, so correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by munkyv22
    The up pipe is a pipe that feeds exhaust gas to the turbine to spin it up. The stock UP in the WRX has a cat in it, removing that and replacing it with a free flowing pipe allows the turbo to spool up much quicker and removes some back pressure on the exhaust.

I am pretty sure. Still fairly new to turbo. My last ride was NA, so correct me if I am wrong.
    the main reason why we replace the Uppipe, in addition to a better flow of air and quicker spooling is because over time the catalytic converter in the UP will degrade due to heat and break apart. Personally, I dont want bits of cat flowing into my turbo and ultimately breaking it.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Well, since you don't have a WRX and can't do any mods just yet, I thought you would enjoy some easy reads to get you prepped for you new subie:
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast